Deciding between the Juiced RCS or the Rize RX and RX Pro (suggestions to other bikes welcomed).

HiddenProdige

Region
USA
Alright did some more research and actually went out for about 2 hrs to see the hills I'm going to be riding on, and I decided to go with the mid drive motor. The hills I have can both be steep, long or a combination of the two, making the mid drive more efficient in my case. Now for the motor I believe I am at preference to a torque sensor for the motor, and I believe the only available for Bafang is the ultra. I've never tried a cadence, but if there is a cadence sensor for Bafang's mid drive that is a power cadence sensor that @AHicks mentioned for an ebike please let me know. I'm trying to go for a more "natural" feel. From what I've seen the "big 4" don't offer the same power outputs as Bafang, and the Bafang can be tuned to bring on power smoother so I believe that's the motor I was going for.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
Alright did some more research and actually went out for about 2 hrs to see the hills I'm going to be riding on, and I decided to go with the mid drive motor. The hills I have can both be steep, long or a combination of the two, making the mid drive more efficient in my case. Now for the motor I believe I am at preference to a torque sensor for the motor, and I believe the only available for Bafang is the ultra. I've never tried a cadence, but if there is a cadence sensor for Bafang's mid drive that is a power cadence sensor that @AHicks mentioned for an ebike please let me know. I'm trying to go for a more "natural" feel. From what I've seen the "big 4" don't offer the same power outputs as Bafang, and the Bafang can be tuned to bring on power smoother so I believe that's the motor I was going for.
What I'm talking about in the Bafang BBSxx and Ultra motors is a single parameter/switch within the controller programming. It offers you the ability to switch power and speed based cadence sensing. YOU PICK which you want to use. Beauty is, you can try it both ways. There's little doubt here which you'll like better, but it's your call.

If you decide on the Bafang mid plan, holler and I'll point you at the specifics involved. Plenty of support available here.....

HiddenProdige

Region
USA
I'm all ears😁. Looking for at least 750 watts (the more the merrier), with at least a front suspension (dual is more than welcome), for under $3500 (preferably lower 🙃). The best value for the performance and parts I'll receive pretty much.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
The RIZE RX for its price and parts seems like a steal imo, but I don't know if there are better deals out there.
Feel free to knock yourself out looking, but pretty sure you're going to find it tough to beat.

Once received, suggest you ride the bike as-is for a couple hundred miles (at least 100) to provide a solid reference point in your mind. That should provide you with some pet gripes you'll want to change.

Meanwhile, there's a TON of reference material to be found here. Many of these notes will provide links to MORE reference material.

User Gionnirocket was doing a deep dive on the tuning for his BBS02. Betting he'd love to share some thoughts and give you some direction....

HiddenProdige

Region
USA
Gotcha and after doing the research (pretty much like you said) at that price point the RIZE RX is a very tough deal to beat. That being said, all things considered (with the potential of tuning in the future) I'll be choosing the RIZE RX as my first ebike. Thank you everyone on this thread for your help and I hope to be involved with this community soon🙏🏾

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Welcome aboard!