Default Power Up in PAS Level Zero on Bafang Ultra (M510 / G620 Mid Drive) - Is It Possible?

mail_e36

For those whom are lucky enough to own the programmable UART version of the Bafang Ultra (M510 / G620 Mid Drive), is there a way to configure the controller to power up into PAS0 (level zero, no assistance) from the off state, rather than into the PAS1 state, which seems to be the default?

I see this as a safety concern, when the bike automatically turns on with assist (level one) already enabled.

Can anyone share any thoughts please, if it's possible to power into PAS0?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• bfang ultra.JPG
    bfang ultra.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 33

Gionnirocket

Region
USA
City
Y. O.
Don't think so... I had the same thoughts and no one seems to think it can be changed.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
For those whom are lucky enough to own the programmable UART version of the Bafang Ultra (M510 / G620 Mid Drive), is there a way to configure the controller to power up into PAS0 (level zero, no assistance) from the off state, rather than into the PAS1 state, which seems to be the default?

I see this as a safety concern, when the bike automatically turns on with assist (level one) already enabled.

Can anyone share any thoughts please, if it's possible to power into PAS0?

Thank you :)
I think it's a good question, but agree that I don't remember seeing anything like this either.

That in mind, from a safety standpoint, I would suggest Ultra owners mount and dismount their bikes with the hand brake firmly engaged. This virtually guarantees the motor won't surprise you with a false start (ask me how I learned that trick), AND it sort of plants the bike in place so you can use it to keep your balance while mounting/dismounting. Same goes true for any other torque assist bikes.

Gionnirocket

Region
USA
City
Y. O.
I think it's a good question, but agree that I don't remember seeing anything like this either.

That in mind, from a safety standpoint, I would suggest Ultra owners mount and dismount their bikes with the hand brake firmly engaged. This virtually guarantees the motor won't surprise you with a false start (ask me how I learned that trick), AND it sort of plants the bike in place so you can use it to keep your balance while mounting/dismounting. Same goes true for any other torque assist bikes.
I've built in muscle/brain memory to always toggle to 0 and do as you say always handle the bike with your fingers on the brake levers.

mail_e36

FYI for the group, I still have not found a way to do this.

It seems muscle/brain memory to always toggle to 0 is best option.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
FYI for the group, I still have not found a way to do this.

It seems muscle/brain memory to always toggle to 0 is best option.
For you maybe. For me, I need to use the bike to keep my balance as I'm getting on or off (old fart w/tall bike syndrome). My hand will be on the brake anyway - which virtually assures the motor isn't going to move the bike if it is accidentally engaged somehow.

Nvreloader

Region
USA
For you maybe. For me, I need to use the bike to keep my balance as I'm getting on or off (old fart w/tall bike syndrome). My hand will be on the brake anyway - which virtually assures the motor isn't going to move the bike if it is accidentally engaged somehow.
+ 2 for me.