Ebikes "at work"

PatriciaK

Region
USA
City
Pacific Northwest and Piedmont Triad
Because of ridiculous liquor laws in Pennsylvania, we buy wine by the case delivered by FedEx, but wine (or beer, or sodapop ) is pretty heavy to carry in the trailer, isn't it?
The trailer is rated for 100lbs - had no problem with half a case of wine plus groceries a couple of weeks ago.

I have thought about Instacarting from Wine World to get a better selection, but that would mean another car on the road for my delivery 🤪!

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
I am out the door to drop off the $299 Target Gateway bike that I changed up and made electric. It has a rack and removable shopping basket to get things done around town. A Mundo will fit a case of IPA bottles in its front basket.
Big basket. Mine will only hold an emergency six pack.

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
The trailer is rated for 100lbs - had no problem with half a case of wine plus groceries a couple of weeks ago.

I have thought about Instacarting from Wine World to get a better selection, but that would mean another car on the road for my delivery 🤪!
If you can haul it comfortably, that's great. These little trailers probably deserve more credit than I've given them. Or you do.

PedalUma

Region
USA
City
Petaluma, CA
case of wine
I am in the Wine Country of Coastal Northern California. Oddly, people here use wine metaphors. And I have one. A guy wanted me to check out a 20Ah battery for him this week. The specifications looked good for the price. But it did not come from a known source and the type of cells were not mentioned. That would be like buying a case of low priced wine on the internet that does not mention where it came from or the varietal of grapes.
1643924674476.jpeg
1643924936965.jpeg

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
An older thread on this topic here.
It's fun even if some of the photos have been photoshopped.

PatriciaK

Region
USA
City
Pacific Northwest and Piedmont Triad
Had the Day Tripper out for an 11 mile practice yesterday, just to get the feel of it on rural road conditions. Was happy to find out it's not rattly or jumpy when empty. Now I have to do a longer test run under load!

IMG_20220209_121759661_HDR.jpg

I have hauled groceries (and wine!) on several occasions, but the distance from the store home is only about a mile. Both bike and trailer have done well, but I'm looking to be able to hit the farm stands scattered around the area soon, so want to practice the longer distances.