Electro Bike World upgrades for Rad Power Bikes

AHicks

2 thoughts-
Don't know for sure one way or the other, but have to wonder if Electro Bike World isn't associated with Bolton. This kit is KT based with the correct ends to allow you a plug and play install - exactly like the Bolton kits.

Noteworthy is the fact that mounting a controller like this in a box, even though RAD apparently supplied it that way, is usually considered a bad plan. That controller needs cooling air flow to keep it cooled down - especially in any sort of performance application. -Al

Timpo

2 thoughts-
Don't know for sure one way or the other, but have to wonder if Electro Bike World isn't associated with Bolton. This kit is KT based with the correct ends to allow you a plug and play install - exactly like the Bolton kits.

Noteworthy is the fact that mounting a controller like this in a box, even though RAD apparently supplied it that way, is usually considered a bad plan. That controller needs cooling air flow to keep it cooled down - especially in any sort of performance application. -Al
🤔 I don't know..

But the controller, display, motor, 52V battery, etc.. I'm guessing they aren't proprietary to Bolton.

So, if you want to start your own Rad Rover tuner company, you could probably come up with something very similar to Bolton or Electro Bike World.

If one is associated to other, I think that would add one extra middleman to raise the cost.

AHicks

Oh, no. Didn't mean to suggest they were proprietary. Just curious that 2 guys would be supplying nearly identical customized components. The only thing they would fit, due to the wiring ends, would be RAD bikes. Kind of a small market for something like this to have 2 guys competing for it wouldn't you think?

The RAD matched ends are the hard part. If it were not for that, the components are easy to source pretty inexpensivey.

Timpo

Oh, no. Didn't mean to suggest they were proprietary. Just curious that 2 guys would be supplying nearly identical customized components. The only thing they would fit, due to the wiring ends, would be RAD bikes. Kind of a small market for something like this to have 2 guys competing for it wouldn't you think?

The RAD matched ends are the hard part. If it were not for that, the components are easy to source pretty inexpensivey.
Ah I see, but I don't think it's a bad idea to produce aftermarket parts for Rad Power Bikes though.

If you look at this forum for example, Rad forum is one of the most active forum... and because of their affordable price, Rad seems to be one of the most popular ebike in North America.

That said, people with Stromer or Riese & Muller might pay more money for some kind of high end parts.

AHicks

Others may think along different lines, but if I'm going to mess with modifications like that electronic package, I doubt seriously it would be on a high end bike. Kinda like modifying a Ferrari vs. a Chev, Ford, or Toyota. I think people buy that high end stuff hoping to get the performance they're after without modifications. Whether they actually get it or not remains to be seen..... -Al

Timpo

Others may think along different lines, but if I'm going to mess with modifications like that electronic package, I doubt seriously it would be on a high end bike. Kinda like modifying a Ferrari vs. a Chev, Ford, or Toyota. I think people buy that high end stuff hoping to get the performance they're after without modifications. Whether they actually get it or not remains to be seen..... -Al
It depends.

In North America, people love to keep their Ferrari and Lamborghini stock.

In Japan, it's virtually impossible to find a stock Ferrari or Lamborghini.