ew rear wheel opinions?

fooferdoggie

I weight 200 or so pounds my bike is a mid drive e bike its a bosch motor so not a motorcycle.the bike is 70 pounds with all my gear and I can carry upto 30 pounds of stuff. it is my commuter and i put 6000 miles a year on it. the stock wheel is having issues and my local high end bike shop trued it up and thinks it will always have issues. I want them to build it but it may be 3 weeks and they are out of the rims. not sure what parts they are using though they had a dt swiss rim and spokes then a dt swiss hub so I can change the end caps to a through axle when I get a new bike. the bike is 700 with a 135 spacing and a qr right now. 10 speed shimano. what I dont know is what rim width I need I run 300x38 tire. a different place to go would not be a problem.
https://www.prowheelbuilder.com/
  • Drillings​

32 Rim - Recommended | Hub - Recommended
  • Rim​

DT SWISS EX 471 29IN BLACK DISC BRAKE RIM $114.00
    700c / 29er
    Tubeless Tape for 1 wheel Installed NO Valve (works with tubes as well) (Not available as Rim Only) + $6.00
  • Hub​

DT SWISS 350 REAR BLACK CENTERLOCK DISC HUB $221.00
    Spoke Type: J Bend
    QR Rear 10x135mm (Does Not Include Lockring)
    *Shimano HG/SRAM 8,9 or 10spd (Dyna-sys Mountain Bike 11 spd compatible)
    *No Bearing Upgrade
    Shimano Centerlock Lockring (works with all axle types) + $13.00
    *Stock 18 Point Engagment 20 Degrees
  • Spokes​

DT SWISS COMPETITION 14|15|14 GAUGE BLACK SPOKES $1.58 Recommended
  • Lacing Pattern​

Three Cross Recommended
  • Nipples​

DT SWISS BLACK 14G 12MM BRASS NIPPLE $0.20 Recommended
  • Weight​

1016.16 grams
  • Price​

$410.96

kmccune

I understand "Mags" are heavier, aren't they stronger than spoked rims and since weight is not an issue with you can you find a 29 incher?

fooferdoggie

I understand "Mags" are heavier, aren't they stronger than spoked rims and since weight is not an issue with you can you find a 29 incher?
no because they have no flex. its why you only see them on really cheap bikes or really high end bikes for aero. spokes are stronger.

fooferdoggie

here is the wheel I got my bike is so stable now that wheel has been causing issues long before it showed therm.
IMG_2613.jpeg

fooferdoggie

because it has flex and it is under tension. I am sure if the wheel was made out of the right material it would be strong. but it would have other problems like weight and such. but I am sure if you want to research if you will find more. but its pretty simple you only see mag wheels on cheap bikes. and on them they may be better. but a wheel built spoke wheel will outlast it. Plus those wheels come with crappy hubs and parts.