Experiences with Aventon customer service and support?

webopus

Region
USA
For those of you still trying to get a response (or parts etc.) from Aventon, write a review on the BBB site. The company seems to pay attention to them, and has responded to each review thus far.

Not sure if that means it'll accelerate their actual response to you, but maybe worth a shot?

I hope they can hire more CSRs and start answering their phone!
Hi,

Thanks for this link to the Better Business Bureau. After I submitted my negative report on Aventon's miserable Customer Support, I noticed a number of replies from Aventon to disgruntled owners. This may indeed be the most effective way to reach them.

Jason Knight

Region
USA
City
Keene, NH
I noticed via email that Aventon is having a live event on Facebook Live. Sounds like it may be a good time for someone with support issues to bring this up? I'm not on Facebook.it seems like they are selling more bikes than they have staff to support? If they plan to keep selling lots of bikes, especially to repeat customers. It would be good to see how or if they plan to resolve this?
Yeah I'm thinking on waltzing into that like a giant cock, and saying "boy, boy... you listening to me? I swear, boy's as sharp as a bowling ball".

I love how they have the time to generate spam and announce live events, but not provide warranty support.

Jason Knight

Region
USA
City
Keene, NH
Hi,

Thanks for this link to the Better Business Bureau. After I submitted my negative report on Aventon's miserable Customer Support, I noticed a number of replies from Aventon to disgruntled owners. This may indeed be the most effective way to reach them.
Which -- as a web developer and business consultant -- makes me wonder if their broken poorly made website slopped together any-old-way is contributing to their support woes. I know I had a dog of a time just getting my warranty issue to submit.

It's your typical sleazy copy of shopify pissing on accessibility with gibberish heading orders, non-semantic markup, and fixed metric fonts, mated to the pesky 3i of web development (ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude) so common when bootcrap (bootstrap) or other such HTML/CSS frameworks get smeared all over the Internet's carpets. I keep telling designers and front-end dev's, go find a stick to scrape that off with before it bends you over a log like poor Ned Beatty.

Static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, zero separation of presentation from content, paragraphs around non-paragraph content, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, endless pointless separate files for nothing, zero scripting or style irrelevant graceful degradation... It's a poster child for how businesses get bamboozled by off the shelf answers. Thus their home page blowing 540k of markup on delivering 2.15k of plaintext, 15 content media, and three dozen links... That's not even 14k of HTML's flipping job!

I wonder how much business they lose because of the slow loading scripting-heavy garbage website.

Though it's more likely that reporting to the BBB just lights a fire under their backsides.

Jbiker1

Region
USA
That could definitely affect warranty support and other issues. It shouldn't have that big of an effect on answering a email or picking up the telephone. If they continue like this I think the level of business they do could drastically change after covid uptick, if you can call it that. We may eventually need to start a website for lightly used Aventon bikes to recoup money to buy a bike from a dealer willing to support their product. Luckily so far so good with my bike, but not looking forward to resolving issues when I have a problem, if they continue to do business in this manner.

Jason Knight

Region
USA
City
Keene, NH
It shouldn't have that big of an effect on answering a email or picking up the telephone.r.
Thing is if they e-mails are routed through the same server, and the server is as badly configured, that could be tripping them up. I know from personal experience something as simple as missing RDNS records or proper MX domain settings can create all sorts of issues delaying, or outright blocking mails.

It's why for anything serious I usually tell businesses to route things like support through gmail, live, or some other larger service. It might feel "less professional" to have a @gmail.com mail address, but when it comes to uptime, availability without a specialty client, and spam filtering? Some folks might think it looks unprofessional, but that's nothing compared to dozens of customers sitting there for weeks waiting to hear anything from support.