Favorite Biking Songs Playlists?

Mike leroy

I never listen to music on a bike. A bike requires due care and attention. There is traffic surrounding you, and yours ears should allow you to hear a car approaching from behind.
Certainly on streets. Do you ever ride on suitable areas, e.g., uncrowded Fire roads?

Brambor

I never listen to music while on a bike. I thought about it but previous tries even with running or hiking were annoying.

Mike leroy

There may be other bikers, pedestrians, joggers, and children playing on fire roads. Therefore I don't listen to music, even in places that seem deserted.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but due care and attention is what I was taught. And I stick to it. It seems even more necessary on an e-bike than a regular bike.
You have a good point, especially if an accident occurred.

Is there a justifiable reason for a hemet like:

http://www.amazon.com/Whistler-BT3200-Communication-Bluetooth-Open-Face/dp/B002IAS0G6

opimax

I listen all the time, Pandora mix, I don't listen very loudly though I do want to hear around me. I find it unique people think you can't hear both, nobody listens to the radio while driving??? I need to get those wind cheater thingys from that other thread , could turn it down more. I already have hearing damage from being a kid another reason i keep it down, titinitus

Mike leroy

I listen all the time, Pandora mix, I don't listen very loudly though I do want to hear around me. I find it unique people think you can't hear both, nobody listens to the radio while driving??? I need to get those wind cheater thingys from that other thread , could turn it down more. I already have hearing damage from being a kid another reason i keep it down, titinitus
I have titinitus, too. I have not yet started looking for a helmet with built-in speakers. I hope to find speakers that do not block the ears. Like snowboard helmets.

Music is so important, that I have big regrets going without.

I run in a park with a cougar family. I take big chances. I am hyper vigilant. I continously scan the bushes intensely. Perhaps, certain visual techniques can compensate for less hearing. I do not want to blast the music. I just find low, background music very comforting.

Marko

I listen to music on Spotify during commutes, but the volume is not so high so I can hear the surroundings as well. Mostly listen to random songs by Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj. However, if I go running I dont want to listen to any music as there I find distracting.

George S.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MH437ZW...lid=1NLXJR2LWGTIB&coliid=I2RC3F4R2LBG5W&psc=1

I've looked at this a couple of times. On multi-use paths, making some noise can help as you come up on people. I have a cycling jacket with a pocket front/middle. I've put my Android in there to listen to music. I'd never use headphones. It can add to the experience, but as I get older I find any 'multi-tasking' difficult. When I was young, music really created a flow for many things. Oh, well.

Reddy Kilowatt

I never listen to music on a bike. A bike requires due care and attention. There is traffic surrounding you, and yours ears should allow you to hear a car approaching from behind.
Try one of these:

Unknown.jpeg
I put one of these Buckshot Bluetooth speakers on my Optibike's handlebars. I can hear my tunes from my iPhone and traffic with my helmet on. The best fifty bucks I ever spent at Amazon.
Allen

Mike leroy

Try one of these:
Phone hol
View attachment 2635
I put one of these Buckshot Bluetooth speakers on my Optibike's handlebars. I can hear my tunes from my iPhone and traffic with my helmet on. The best fifty bucks I ever spent at Amazon.
Allen
I would like to see more electrical accessories built into the bike frame -- lights, speakers and a cell phone USB adapter/holder. Who knows perhaps a dozen cup holders for the unimaginative!