FM Radio (Interference) Speaker Suggestions / Questions

hoboin

Region
USA
I am actually looking for a replacement for my current bluetooth speaker setup. I feel like using bluetooth connected to the phone, while playing mp3s is the best way to go. I have a rectangular bluetooth speaker that i have been using a few months but i just messed up the charging port by keeping a cable in when trying to fit it into a new spot and it's having problems charging, but i think it's near perfect bluetooth speaker.

It's the Photive Cyren PH-BT1000 which they don't sell anymore. Reason i like it so much is because it had the following 6 buttons at the very top and i could access them without even looking. Answer Call/Siri, Previous Song, Pause/play, Next Song, Volume Down, Volume up. I had velcro strapped them to the bike for quick removal and even had a plastic rain cover ready and you could use it through the plastic. Sadly they don't make it anymore and i can't find a good bluetooth replacement that has all these buttons. I really NEED volume control, skip song and pause/play. Those 4 are crucial i feel and a lot don't have the setup like i'm looking for.

bluetooth-speaker.jpg

rideal-bluetooth.jpg

charger-bluetooth.jpg

ebikelike

Region
USA
Looks like a nice speaker. the reason i go with the radio over using a phone for the source of the music is because it is so easy to switch stations one handed and not mess around with looking for buttons.

hoboin

Region
USA
I decided on replacing my bluetooth speaker with the one from the below link. Its waterproof and has the buttons on the right side that i need, i would have prefered the buttons at the top but i feel like they will easy enough to press with the right hand.

I am also looking into getting a bluetooth media remote like the one below. It is a bit pricey at around $30 to control music, but i think this is the best option that i have seen. The cheaper ones that cost around $13 i feel will break very quickly because of weather, i have seen photos in the reviews of them going bad quickly. If anyone has a good bluetooth remote that they can share i would love to see it.

hoboin

Region
USA
Here is what i ended up getting. Its an Oontz Angle 3 ULTRA, waterproof with controls on the right hand side. I tested it out yesterday for 55 miles, worked very well. Right hand operates the buttons, at first i had it more centered, but i found moving it as close to the shifter to be VERY comfortable and easy to access the buttons without seeing, which i wanted. I just feel for the top back most button, which is the plus volume button, and i know that bottom back button is volume down and from there it's very easy operate the skip forward or backwards buttons as they are beside the volume up and down.

I have it attached to a handlebar extender. It's just a pole that runs parallel to the bars for about 1 foot, i got it mainly to hold the mirror and speedometer with plans on resting the speaker ontop of it. Bonus is that i can put my drink holder to rest on the stem and supported by the weight of the speaker. I went out with a 40oz bottle of water as you can see from the photo and it did not tip over once during the ride.

bluetooth-speaker-tall.jpg

bluetooth-speaker-side.jpg

bluetooth-speaker-back.jpg