Freezing temps

mrCj

Hi...I live in NW MN where it gets really cold in the winter. I’d like to leave our Lectrics stored in our un-attached garage. do I have to worry about the LCD display being subjected to cold temps? It gets below zero here a lot. Thanx much...Cj

Thomas Jaszewski

Hi...I live in NW MN where it gets really cold in the winter. I’d like to leave our Lectrics stored in our un-attached garage. do I have to worry about the LCD display being subjected to cold temps? It gets below zero here a lot. Thanx much...Cj
I live in tropical Minnesota. :cool:The warmest spot, Winona County. I have had my displays in the subzero garage for 5 years. No issues.

mrCj

Hi again, Blackhand. I was just reading a couple articles about storing Liion batteries in the freezer. Maybe my garage would double as a “freezer?”

BlackHand

Sure I guess, but who wants to have to thaw out your battery before going for a bike ride?

I'm sure not an expert, but I don't think storing them cold is really a problem but draining or charging them when they are cold isn't good for battery health.

Thomas Jaszewski

Hi again, Blackhand. I was just reading a couple articles about storing Liion batteries in the freezer. Maybe my garage would double as a “freezer?”
Yikes! That's curious, would you please share the source of those articles, please?