Front sprocket chain guide

Novice

Hi advise needed again, I have a 20in folding ebike 13 months old. Both bikes have suffered broken magnet speed sensor discs I don’t know how except def not chain coming off.
I have realised if the chain did come off front sprocket it would destroy the disc.
I have seen bikes with double plastic chain guide on front sprocket, could I retro fit this would anyone recommend doing so? or am I being too cautious?
Thanks to all who reply and apologies for long winded question.

Timpo

Hi advise needed again, I have a 20in folding ebike 13 months old. Both bikes have suffered broken magnet speed sensor discs I don’t know how except def not chain coming off.
I have realised if the chain did come off front sprocket it would destroy the disc.
I have seen bikes with double plastic chain guide on front sprocket, could I retro fit this would anyone recommend doing so? or am I being too cautious?
Thanks to all who reply and apologies for long winded question.
Which bike are you talking about?

There are many options.

Timpo

Hi, they are both Oxygen go’s. 7 speed.
Can anyone identify this crankset?

It doesn't look like normal crankset, it looks like one-piece pressfit crankset.

Oxygen_GO_08.jpg
Oxygen_GO_04.jpg
Oxygen_GO.jpg

Timpo

For example, let say you want to go up to 52T, you will need the following

Chain ring cover (you will need two, as you will be covering both sides)

Deckas chainring

Crankarm

Crank Bolt

Timpo

And just so you know, I assumed you have a crankarm with square attachment, it was not possible to tell from the picture, but bikes in that price range usually have square attachment crankarm.

Timpo

I would just keep 46T, just would like to protect magnet disc the best I can 👍
where is your magnetic disc located?

I can't see from the picture.

I can see that plastic cover on top of chainring, is that what it is?

because they usually look like this
PAS Options - Getting Started

Novice

The plastic you see is a guard for your leg. The disc as in your pics is on the inside of of the chainring.