Full suspension with Belt drive - why ?

pushkar

The suspended rack is the ultimate, like i said, comfortable on the gear on the rack, bike & suspension without having to worry about rebound so much.
But i guess it's difficult for the frame designer.
Yeah.. its not trivial. Most of these suspended racks need custom molds.
WIll keep this mind..

webcurl

I remember reading about & discussing here:

webcurl

Yeah.. its not trivial. Most of these suspended racks need custom molds.
WIll keep this mind..
I would make the mount points on the frame, have the rear rack as optional & make it out of Chrome Moly or Titanium so the whole rack has a bit of 'spring' factor.

Ebiker33

Post in another thread customized

Johnny

For 5-6k+ I don't see an excuse to go for a mediocre seatpost suspension instead of a real full suspension setup on an Aluminum bike.

I also think suspended rack is not that big of a challenge and are they really necessary ?

Johnny

Only if you planning on moving much of anything beyond yourself on the bike. Back packs really put the weight in the wrong place.

It theory increasing unsprung weight will decrease the time rear wheel touches the ground on high frequency bumps. However when you are carrying panniers even when the rack is unsprung it should still be far better than a hardtail with the same weight on the rack. When riding on the trails this weight will have an effect but one does not do trail riding while carrying a lot of stuff on the rack anyways.

onlineaddy

For 5-6k+ I don't see an excuse to go for a mediocre seatpost suspension instead of a real full suspension setup on an Aluminum bike.
The Kinect is hardly a mediocre suspension seatpost; it’s actually one of the best, if not best, out there on the market. Plus, I hardly think FS is necessary for a commuter bike. It may be a nice to have but not a must.

scrambler

scrambler

It is not a render, there are a few German reviews of people who rode the bike.
The battery is actually pretty genius, there is one in each frame Tube, and they are removable from the front by opening in the frame head tube. I suspect you may have to remove the fork for that, not sure.
But that allows them to have 1180Wh of battery that are almost invisible and be able to add another 500Wh as an external battery attached above the downtube.
Very Clever design...

Johnny

The Kinect is hardly a mediocre suspension seatpost; it’s actually one of the best, if not best, out there on the market. Plus, I hardly think FS is necessary for a commuter bike. It may be a nice to have but not a must.

I disagree, kinekt is nothing special, with the right springs there are seatpost suspensions ,a quarter of that price, that work just as well.
A seatpost suspension is nowhere close to the functionality of a true FS bike. It brings nothing in terms of handling.

On a flat road you may not even need a suspension but when you pay 5-6K you should get much more than some mediocre comfort seatpost. When going fast on a rough terrain the handling benefit of a FS is very significant.

webcurl

It theory increasing unsprung weight will decrease the time rear wheel touches the ground on high frequency bumps. However when you are carrying panniers even when the rack is unsprung it should still be far better than a hardtail with the same weight on the rack. When riding on the trails this weight will have an effect but one does not do trail riding while carrying a lot of stuff on the rack anyways.
All i know is i'd prefer touring on these roads with a R&M type rear rack with full suspension, much better for the bike, you and your gear you are carrying.

Johnny

All i know is i'd prefer touring on these roads with a R&M type rear rack with full suspension, much better for the bike, you and your gear you are carrying.

Yeah you are right, at higher speeds on that surface a suspended rack will be better.