I'm debating between these two bikes - my LBS has the Gazelle in stock and said Specialized hasn't given them any dates for the Vado - plus it's an extra $750 on top of the unknown wait time. They look really similar, anyone else looking at these and have any thoughts?
- same enviolo hub, which I'm really interested in. I have a regular bike with a N360 and miss having an IGH on my current e-bike.
- unsure how I feel about auto-shift on the Vado - it seems cool, and IIUC it lets you set your desired cadence which sounds awesome.
- slightly more powerful motor (90 vs 85Nm) on the Vado, which isn't a huge deal, but...
- Vado has a much bigger battery (710 vs 500Wh) which is tempting since I hate getting stranded. Although, I could take the extra $750 and buy a second 500Wh battery (and sadly, that's what it costs, plus an extra $200 if you want to run both at once, which I don't think I care about - I could put the 2nd battery in my pannier and swap).
- I'm unclear on the electronics on the Specialized - it looks nicer but it's just the radar that's a Garmin, not the display/control unit right? Does it do any kind of navigation or allow you to upload rides? I recently bought a 530 & Varia that I'm happy with and will probably keep regardless, for my other bikes.