Geo Orbital Wheel

Bike_On

So what happens if a small rock gets lodged between the rim and one of those rollers? Instant stop and go flying?

Conventional wheel has spokes and the spokes give or break the object.

mrgold35

I can see the advantage of Geo Orbital eWheel:
- turn your bike into 2wd
- more balanced bike instead of being tail heavy like most ebikes
- cheaper entry price into the ebike world,
- turn any new/used/worn 26"/29" rim brake bike into an ebike
- any cheap bike with rim brakes will do (high theft area, take wheel with you, switch eWheel between different bikes).
- can take eWheel on vacation, rent a bike, replace front wheel, and have fun
- could add to rear hub/mid mount drives for extra hill climbing power and/or range
- no flats with the tire
- lightweight ebike solution, only adding 11-17 lbs total when you replace the original 26"/29" front tire (less added weight if you remove the battery).
- Easier city living to load on vehicle bike racks, buses, walk-up apartments, several flights of stairs, etc... My +62 lbs Radrover is too heavy and bulky for my wife to load on our bike rack; but, she can load her small frame 700c GT Transeo with the Geo Orbital eWheel (might have to remove the battery).

I would consider this if I wanted convert our two GT Transeo 3.0 700cX40 bike to an ebikes. Unfortunately, our bikes have disk brakes and I would need to replace the forks to add rim brakes (no mounting points for rim brakes).

Thomas L Power

You know different people have different needs. I am on boat and need easily detached electrical part to put inside away from salt spray and so this might work well. Everything a compromise but this gets me rolling for $1K and if I have problems then just put my old wheel back on and still rolling.

Oh by the way I did order one this afternoon

Last edited:

JP Commuter

You know different people have different needs. I am on boat and need easily detached electrical part to put inside away from salt spray and so this might work well. Everything a compromise but this gets me rolling for $1K and if I have problems then just put my old wheel back on and still rolling.

Oh by the way I did order one this afternoon
Thomas, this would be a good solution for a person on a boat that valued a modular design that is easy to store. you should also look into the MiniPenny frame which is super small and weighs almost nothing. I have been using it for 2 weeks and am not in love for my application of 10mi. per day of commuting. For a fun runabout to use on land when you are docked it would be perfect.

harryS

Looking at a thumbnail image, I thought this was an 1890's style bicycle that was 6 foot off the ground..... How does it ride? Won't that tiny wheel just beat up the tail bone.