Giant Explore E+ 2 battery options?

JmNBoulder

Region
USA
Hi
I just bought a Giant Explore E+ 2 , I was told it is a 2018 (trying to verify with Giant) and it does not have a battery. The seller had to leave it behind on move due to shipping issues with the battery.

I have been doing some searching and such but cannot determine how interchangeable the EnergyPak Smart 500Wh batteries are.

This Giant has 3 prongs where the battery plugs into (it is the top loaded design).

Has anyone retro fitted an aftermarket battery like a Bosch? I am not too concerned about maintaining the visual ascetics of this bike at this time.

I am curious to what other options are out there and trying to avoid a trial and error scenario...;)

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3738.JPG
    IMG_3738.JPG
    451.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3739.JPG
    IMG_3739.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 57

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
You need a Giant battery for a Giant e-bike. Ask the nearest Giant LBS for the options. Period.

RVGUY

I have a 500 battery and charger for sale. Bike was lifted out of my storage unfortunately so I now have battery and charger for sale. Battery and charger work well, maybe 15 charges on the battery.

JmNBoulder

Region
USA
I have a 500 battery and charger for sale. Bike was lifted out of my storage unfortunately so I now have battery and charger for sale. Battery and charger work well, maybe 15 charges on the battery.
I am interested. What are you looking to get for it?

JmNBoulder

Region
USA
Does anyone know what the 3rd white wire is for? The white goes into the motor.
This bike uses a battery with 4 slots in it. The outside slots/terminals are the 36v inputs. I just hooked up a mcgiver's 36volt battery and rode around and everything seems to operates normally. I am sure the white wire has some purpose.... it also does not have continuity with the negative line.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3877 2.JPG
    IMG_3877 2.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 1.50.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 1.50.42 PM.png
    808.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3953.JPG
    IMG_3953.JPG
    941.7 KB · Views: 45