Got lucky today on buying my first Ebike!

Edge

So I have spent 6 weeks researching the right Ebike to buy as the hills here are taking all the fun out of bicycling when you are 66 years old. I grew up biking, always had a nice bike. I read and viewed a ton of bike reviews, first thinking that I would get a foldable but gravitating to a city commuter for the suburbs. I wanted 700 mm wheels rather than the 26" wheels and with thinner 1.75"-2" tires. I wanted to buy the Juiced CrossCurrent X but I didn't want to spend $2500. It had everything I wanted and then some. I figure I would end up buying the Biktrix Swift for $2000 as a compromise to save money. Continually perusing Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for good deals on ebikes, I saw an ad 30 minutes away for the Juiced CrossCurrent X bought last year with only 500 miles on it. Made contact and picked it up at noon today for $1250. Got it home and when for a short ride. This bike is amazing, hills means nothing to this bike. So thrilled, so happy.

bob armani

Congrats! Love to see the extra effort pay off. The smile on your face will continue to grow moving forward. :p

MAPC

Hre
So I have spent 6 weeks researching the right Ebike to buy as the hills here are taking all the fun out of bicycling when you are 66 years old. I grew up biking, always had a nice bike. I read and viewed a ton of bike reviews, first thinking that I would get a foldable but gravitating to a city commuter for the suburbs. I wanted 700 mm wheels rather than the 26" wheels and with thinner 1.75"-2" tires. I wanted to buy the Juiced CrossCurrent X but I didn't want to spend $2500. It had everything I wanted and then some. I figure I would end up buying the Biktrix Swift for $2000 as a compromise to save money. Continually perusing Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for good deals on ebikes, I saw an ad 30 minutes away for the Juiced CrossCurrent X bought last year with only 500 miles on it. Made contact and picked it up at noon today for $1250. Got it home and when for a short ride. This bike is amazing, hills means nothing to this bike. So thrilled, so happy.
Great find. I am very close by and have been scouring NY/CT CL and FB Marketplace and wasn’t as lucky. Ended up going new, spending about $500 more than my budget but incredibly happy with my choice.

Enjoy your bike!

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove
Nice to see a bike come out of somebody's garage and go to someone who will use it.

Edge

This bike is incredible. Wind and hills are no longer a problem for my 66 year old body. I was only using pedal assist level 1 and was going 20 mph easily on flat roads. The torque sensor is amazing. Most fun thing I bought in a few decades. I use the throttle from a standstill to get up to speed.
😁
😁
😁

Ebiker01

ok, but if you don't have the skills to repair it or source a good mechanic, it will be very expensive to fix it if issues arise !
I assume it doesn't have warranty, or thatvthr Juiced warranty is not transferable ?

In the meantime, ride it safely , hard and long😉 👌

Edge

ok, but if you don't have the skills to repair it or source a good mechanic, it will be very expensive to fix it if issues arise !
I assume it doesn't have warranty, or thatvthr Juiced warranty is not transferable ?

In the meantime, ride it safely , hard and long😉 👌

You can say that about any ebike, lol. With the youtube and the internet I can just about fix anything, lol. Juice warranty is not transferable and it probably near the 1 year term anyways.

MAPC

You can say that about any ebike, lol. With the youtube and the internet I can just about fix anything, lol. Juice warranty is not transferable and it probably near the 1 year term anyways.
I ended up deciding new and major mfg since I am completely un-handy wrt to things mechanical. I know I paid a price for that piece of mind, local support and convenience but I am ok with that.