Go to specialized forum and check out Commuter log. It's all there. I'm away from a computer right now.
Mike,How do you compare the quality of Grace/A2B Motor and Falco? I notice quite a bit of Falco problems being discussed.
- What are the major strengths and weaknesses?
- Is A2B/Ultra Motor significantly better?
- Why do the companies not publish reports like this clear Sabavoton motor graph? Is embarrassing info being withheld?
My main issue with One.15 is 2kW. The extra one kW strikes me as laziness. grace is using the 2kW Ultra motor. I cannot seem to find a spec sheet for this motor using Google. Please provide the URL, if you come across it.
- Is more than 1kW necessary?
- Could a highly efficient 1kW approximate 2kW power?
- At what wattage does heat loss reach a point of diminishing returns?
- Or is the 2kW necessary to reach the RPM range for high speeds?
- Is A2B an efficient motor and reliable motor?
- Why did Grace choose A2B?
I like the Pinion P1.9 gearbox better than cassettes. I suspect Pinion may also be overkill for the wrong reasons. The distance between dropouts is too small for large hub motors. Therefore, to minimize space the gears are moved forward to the crank.
- what is your opinion about the a gearbox vs cassette design?
- Is it truly beneficial and worth the cost, or simply a desperate option?
The third issue is the battery position. I notice a 15Ah battery, which is big. Plenty of space inside the frame triangle.
- Why expose the battery to the tire, rather than protect the battery inside the frame?
Thank you. I am actually communicating with HPC about a custom Revolution with a 1000W mid-drive. I want the bike to weigh 50 pounds to check in as baggage on Amtrak adventures along the Pacific Crest Trail. The rear wheel motor is too heavy.Mike,
If you really want a 1000-2000W bike in the US, here are the options:
1. Stealth fighter, 75lb, 2000W
2. Optibike R11, 61lb, 1100W mid
3. HPC - several options. They use a geared rear hub.
4. Falco Kit, 1000W hub @ 36V - 1000W, or @ 48V - 1500W. Heavy DD hub. I'd put it on a steel frame with at least front shocks. Falco supports their stuff. I have a 500W HX.
5. Other web stores: Golden motor-majic pie 4.
I have been in contact with HPC. They will release a 1000W Sm-Co mid-drive that is more powerful than neodymium, soon. I am definitely going with rohloff. Need to consider gates belt cost. I am biased against chain-Suck.1000w mod drive, rohloff, suspension, 35mph? Sound like you want a Optibike r11 without the cost.
The limit for a mod drive with transmission sema to be around 1000w and only the rohloff seems to take the torque. NU Vinci so so .