Happy Birthday to Me! Beautiful downtown Chanhassen, MN

Duchess

Region
USA
City
Chanhassen
As a 65th birthday present from ME to ME, a huge beautiful crate arrived this week with my new Electric Bike Technologies Fat Trike! I was a little leery about ordering something this expensive without trying it out first, but the reviews of the trike and their customer service were all so good I thought I'd take a chance. What a good move that was! Biking has been part of my life forever, but I had to give it up several years ago because of balance problems. I've really missed it, and after all this pandemic stuff have come to the conclusion that I'm finally going to spend some money on me and have fun, dammit. The trike came all assembled, with the extras I ordered already attached and everything....all I had to do was cut open the box and cable ties holding her down and GO! That PAS is a marvelous invention - the first time it turned on I knew I was back biking for good! I've already discovered all kinds of hidden gems around my house that you could only see from a trike, and can't wait to explore more and learn all kinds of tips and tricks from all of you!!! 😁

Attachments

• 603491EB-F3C8-4AE0-863E-91BFEDA47CDE.jpeg
    603491EB-F3C8-4AE0-863E-91BFEDA47CDE.jpeg
    812.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 973E1B12-0A6E-41E1-9941-B99B59CE2E7C.jpeg
    973E1B12-0A6E-41E1-9941-B99B59CE2E7C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 8D4FF5BE-55D6-46E9-9AB4-78B72D5AEAF8.jpeg
    8D4FF5BE-55D6-46E9-9AB4-78B72D5AEAF8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 0461DB1D-B55B-42E1-9B6D-233471A9793E.jpeg
    0461DB1D-B55B-42E1-9B6D-233471A9793E.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 64

Dallant

Region
USA
As a 65th birthday present from ME to ME, a huge beautiful crate arrived this week with my new Electric Bike Technologies Fat Trike! I was a little leery about ordering something this expensive without trying it out first, but the reviews of the trike and their customer service were all so good I thought I'd take a chance. What a good move that was! Biking has been part of my life forever, but I had to give it up several years ago because of balance problems. I've really missed it, and after all this pandemic stuff have come to the conclusion that I'm finally going to spend some money on me and have fun, dammit. The trike came all assembled, with the extras I ordered already attached and everything....all I had to do was cut open the box and cable ties holding her down and GO! That PAS is a marvelous invention - the first time it turned on I knew I was back biking for good! I've already discovered all kinds of hidden gems around my house that you could only see from a trike, and can't wait to explore more and learn all kinds of tips and tricks from all of you!!! 😁
Looks like a blast! Happy 65th and welcome to the over 65 Club!🎂🍻

Duchess

Region
USA
City
Chanhassen
There comes a point in winter when even Minnesotans don’t venture outside! Until then, I’ve gotten into the habit of bringing my battery indoors with me after every ride, and am researching some insulating wraps that others have used for their batteries that supposedly extend the lowest temp that is ok for a battery. Jury is still out for me on whether they actually work without messing up the battery, but we will see!!

VoltMan99

Region
Asia
City
Tokyo
There comes a point in winter when even Minnesotans don’t venture outside! Until then, I’ve gotten into the habit of bringing my battery indoors with me after every ride, and am researching some insulating wraps that others have used for their batteries that supposedly extend the lowest temp that is ok for a battery. Jury is still out for me on whether they actually work without messing up the battery, but we will see!!
Hokkaido, which is our northern most Prefecture in Japan, gets about as cold as Minnesota if not colder, and there’s tons of ebikes there, even “mamacharis” with spiky tires. They are of the same design as yours, removable battery pedal assist. Charging the battery cold is a bad idea. You should let it warm up before putting it in the charger. I think wrapping it outside might improve the performance, but I don’t think it’s dangerous to take it out and use it in normal sub-freezing temperatures. For reference here’s the western tires they use up there. There’s also a Japanese version but I don’t think it’s likely to be found outside Japan.
SCHWALBE ICE SPIKER PRO 26x2.10 WB SW-WT100937
0F310B49-2741-483B-98F9-1C39E0569B61.jpeg

Watch “Hokkaido Winter Bicycle Touring” on Vimeo:

Watch "Hokkaido Snow Riders" on Vimeo:

Edit- Just realized your on a fat trike so you’re probably all set !

Last edited:

Duchess

Region
USA
City
Chanhassen
OH MY GOSH!!! Anyone who is wondering about riding in the wintertime needs to see these videos! Yes, the snow looks very much like Minnesota in winter. I used to bike year-round on an analog bike eons ago before I had a license to drive and a car of my own, so I knew it could be done, but I wasn’t sure about the battery part of things. Thank you for the reminder about not charging a cold battery - I had forgotten about that part of it! These folks in the videos are more hard core than I’m intending to be, but winter is SO long without something fun to do that I want to at least try to ride. Japan looks like it is such a beautiful country. Now that I’m retired, I’m working through my Bucket List, and a trip there has been high on places I want to go! After going to Sweden to visit my son who lives there, and who I haven’t seen since pre-COVID. Thank you so much for all the cool information!! 😍

Pobidz

Region
USA
City
Twin Cities, MN
Amazing trike! I'm in love with the storage in the back. It looks like the perfect size for grocery runs, or a small cooler.

Duchess

Region
USA
City
Chanhassen
Yes, it’s a great size, and made just as sturdy as the rest of the trike! I’m hoping my big mutt of a dog will fit in there, but am holding off on that experiment until next summer when I’m more comfortable just riding. Pictures will be posted if it works! 😉