Has anyone got 'running assist' to work?

JayVee

It sounds like the Haibike has a limited throttle (for starting up).

From the Haibike manual:

"When you are on or off the bicylcle and start moving it, you can use running assist without pedaling it. When you press the running assist switch once the running assist indicator will come on for 5 seconds. Press and hold the running assist switch while the indicator is still lit."

The assist indicator comes on, but nothing happens if I press the assist button a second time.

Just curious, anybody get it to work?

JayVee

Ok, so I figured out how to get running assist working. But I'm a bit disappointed. I thought it would be a throttle up to a certain speed, but it's really very weak. If you hit the running assist button once, and then hit it again, you'll get a throttle. I managed to go a whopping 4km/h.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep on pedalling. :D

SuperGoop

This is commonly known as "walk mode". It is very useful for pushing a heavy ebike up a steep incline, stairs, etc., especially for bikes without a throttle. 4 km/hr is a good speed for this purpose.

tallpaul

Jay See, are you in the US? (I see you are in Switzerland) I read that it was disabled for the US market. It'd be great if it did work as I have an older friend who has a lot of stairs to get his 2016 Haibike fat six in and out of his place.
If anyone has any knowledge of how to get it functional it would be greatly appreciated!

JayVee

Jay See, are you in the US? (I see you are in Switzerland) I read that it was disabled for the US market. It'd be great if it did work as I have an older friend who has a lot of stairs to get his 2016 Haibike fat six in and out of his place.
If anyone has any knowledge of how to get it functional it would be greatly appreciated!
It's a version of the Sduro Trekking mainly sold for the Swiss and German markets.

Do you have a running assist button? It's the one located opposite the 'power on' button, facing towards you when you get on the bike. It's not one of the 4 Lego buttons. All you need to do is press it, wait for 'Run' to display, and press it again.

I was a bit disappointed because I thought Haibike might take advantage of a legal provision that allows a throttle up to 20km/h here in Switzerland. A local company (Flyer) has implemented such a feature on its newest (Panasonic powered) e-bike. It can be used to get the bike going at red lights, and cuts off at 18km/h. I'd be perfectly happy with such a feature.

tallpaul

I have the Xduro Bosch system. There is a "walk" button on the small control unit next to the left grip. Non-functional I am afraid to say. I hope we can get it activated..
As I mentioned earlier my friend is getting a Xduro Fat Tire and has a bunch of steps to get into his place.
He is going to set up a thin ramp but still the angle is steep, and we are the "older"generation so making it more challenging!

Paladin

I live in the u.s. and have a 2017 Xduro. It came with the walk assist button enabled. I also have a 2016 xduro and the walk assist is not enabled.

tallpaul

I live in the u.s. and have a 2017 Xduro. It came with the walk assist button enabled. I also have a 2016 xduro and the walk assist is not enabled.
How does the walk assist function? Do you hold down the button? Maybe it is outlined in the manual.
My friend might wind up with a 2017 Xduro Fat Six so maybe it'll work for him.
Thank you for your reply.

Paladin

Yes, it's in the manual. You press the button on the bottom and walk will appear on the screen. Then you just hit the plus button and the bike will begin to move.

Joe Remi

Yes, it's in the manual. You press the button on the bottom and walk will appear on the screen. Then you just hit the plus button and the bike will begin to move.
Man, I wish I had this feature on my '16 Sduro Trekking. I'm having a heckuva time getting that thing upstairs to my apartment after a ride.

tallpaul

Is there a way to enable the walk on a 2016 Xduro? Would the dealers in the US be able to do it with their computer hookups?