Headlight upgrades for ebikes with stock headlights?

m@Robertson

Region
USA
ok,, I tried those mounts, didn't work with my light.

I had the bar extender, didn't care for it. I found the brackets I posted above, they are ok. my OCD has me wanting something a little cleaner.
Yeah if you are looking for 'clean' what I did ain't it. A total Frankenstein job. It worked but it wasn't pretty from any angle.

Rome

Region
USA
I picked up the practice from seeing roadies also most ebikes on the bike paths ride with lights on. I even have rear running light non flashing kind but it got lost yesterday when I was riding my rail trail

Last edited:

m@Robertson

Region
USA
You guys ride with headlights on during daylight?
Yup. Anything to make me more visible to an auto crossing my path. Unfortunately, the time I was t-boned (still daylight) I had 3 on-solid headlights facing fwd. After that, thinking 'wtf else can I do?!?' I added the forward blinkie.

ki11a

I have an Outbound Lighting Headlight for $175 which produces 1800 lumens and has a cutoff for the light like a car headlight, it also comes with a 3 year warranty and is a USA made product...it is easily mounted on handlebars.

The headlight is super bright and I can see debris on the road even without streetlights in rural areas, I've had the headlight for about a year now and its still going as bright as the day I got it. The Outbound Lighting headlight has an external battery pack that is easily mounted on bike frames...also its a decent sized capacity battery pack that can be used on high mode for around 3-4 hours.

Cutoff points for our headlights are necessary to not blind people. It seems its all in the lens technology they put into the lights themselves.

The company Outbound Lighting I got my headlights from made a great point of this...

Road-Edition-Beam-Pattern.png

cutoffline.jpg

Beam-Patterns.jpg

Be aware of the no name brands that claim “1xxx” lumens for 20 bucks, the lights never come near the lumen rating they claim and the battery life on these fail really quickly.

Thing is about headlights is that to be seen you need to be brighter than your surroundings and to feel safe is a priceless feeling. I had a cygolite before my ebike and that was fine, but once I am going speeds up to 28mph I need better headlights and price comes with that.

I feel super safe using the headlight at night and also running it on low power as a daylight running time during the day.

Last edited: