Hello From New Member

OldRyder

Hello to All!
I am joining you from sunny southwest Arizona and a new eBike owner. I'm an old guy, now retired, and a long time road biker. I raced a little in my youth and over the years have ridden the local tours many times. But age and arthritis have made riding less fun and more work. After riding a few rental eBikes and much on-line research, I decided to buy my first eBike.

I settled on a Class 1 lightweight BMC Alpenchallenge AMP Sport Two, with a Shimano E6100 mid-motor, aluminum frame, Shimano 105 equipment, and 30mm tires. I think of it a "trek" bike. Not quite a road bike or a gravel grinder, but perfect for riding around the foothills of the Catalina Mountains. With it's light weight, agility and response, it is fun to ride. The power assist is torque controlled, so it's just like riding a normal bike with new joints and stronger legs!
Small 2020-BMC-Alpenchallenge-AMP-Sport-Two.jpg

Best regards!

Bigal1463

Welcome OldRyder, you’re not the first old timer to get into ebiking. It affords us the opportunity to ride with assist and to be able to enjoy an activity that we used to do in our younger years. There is lots of information on this site from regulars like myself and also from experts. All willing to help each other out. Don’t be shy about jumping in on a conversation and to offer advice from your experience as a former rider. Good luck and ride safe.

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Hello to All!
I am joining you from sunny southwest Arizona and a new eBike owner. I'm an old guy, now retired, and a long time road biker. I raced a little in my youth and over the years have ridden the local tours many times. But age and arthritis have made riding less fun and more work. After riding a few rental eBikes and much on-line research, I decided to buy my first eBike.

I settled on a Class 1 lightweight BMC Alpenchallenge AMP Sport Two, with a Shimano E6100 mid-motor, aluminum frame, Shimano 105 equipment, and 30mm tires. I think of it a "trek" bike. Not quite a road bike or a gravel grinder, but perfect for riding around the foothills of the Catalina Mountains. With it's light weight, agility and response, it is fun to ride. The power assist is torque controlled, so it's just like riding a normal bike with new joints and stronger legs!
View attachment 72557
Best regards!
Welcome to EBR and congrats on the BMC!

Dallant

Region
USA
Hello to All!

View attachment 72557
Best regards!
Join the Old Coots Club (OCC)! Wear a helmet and be careful as you get used to riding again!