Hello from Surrey BC!

DavidC1

Region
Canada
So I had an older e-bike but that got stolen and I only have the charger and the battery for it since the battery was old and I rebuilt the pack. NiMH cells.

I need an e-bike again and I can repair electronics so I went and bought a used one from Craigslist.

Polaris/PIM bike, 750W rear hub motor with the base 264WHr battery. The previous owner(or the one before him) attempted repairs on it, and in a pretty messy way I gotta say.

I got the short circuit solved for the motor control board, but there are more issues. The BMS system has problems as well. I found the component that needs to be replaced but I don't know if the overall BMS board works. Each cells measure within 10mV and range in the 3.88V level, so that's a plus right?

I wish I can get a replacement BMS board and motor control board. I guess another option is to buy a battery pack that works, but with the battery dead so I can save some money.

Not a fan of the unusual 44V power pack requirement and the BLDC control being inside the motor, since I bought it for the purpose of putting a larger battery pack. Don't really want to build a pack.

Thank you for reading.

Timpo

So is this what you have?

Timpo

Is this the pack you have?
I'm just wondering if the casing was made by Polaris or other company. If that's the case, you might be able to replace the battery.

Polaris EV Series Electric Bike Battery Pack | Shocking Rides – Electric  Bikes

Timpo

Looks like Ebike Market Place stopped rebuilding Polaris battery due to problematic BMS

Timpo

So sounds like the battery was produced by eVantage™ Proride™, which I could not find any info.
Polaris eBikes Launches Diesel TiO DL818 LE (w/video)

DavidC1

Region
Canada
Yes, I'm not sure of the bike model as I bought it used and he had no clue either. It does look pretty similar. It is evantage.

DavidC1

Region
Canada
So I decided on throwing the battery/controller/motor controller away. Also I had to open up the motor so I could connect a non-custom controller.

Well the motor works. I have a broken derailleur hanger. Can't find a replacement.