Hello from Vernon BC

Aspengrove

I'm new to e biking. Bought an ElectricFatBikeCompany 750 a couple months ago locally. Great bike so far. Very smooth on the pedal assist compared to Voltbike Yukon 500 which is the only other e bike I have had an extensive ride on. Probably not a fair comparison as the Yukon is 3 years old & I'm sure technology has improved. What brings me to this post is after looking at quite a few threads it's obvious how little I know so I'm in search of some basic knowledge as to the differences, advantages, nuances etc between drive systems, brands, controllers, displays, brakes, acronyms, well pretty much everything. Any links to web sites or other info would be greatly appreciated. My daughter has the Voltbike Yukon 500 I mentioned & it has some controller/display issues & parts no longer available from Voltbike. I was told by them to get a controller kit complete with wiring harness. Any suggestions as to what to get. It has a Bafang 8Fun 500W hub motor. Anyone familiar with doing this?

I'm new to e biking. Bought an ElectricFatBikeCompany 750 a couple months ago locally. Great bike so far. Very smooth on the pedal assist compared to Voltbike Yukon 500 which is the only other e bike I have had an extensive ride on. Probably not a fair comparison as the Yukon is 3 years old & I'm sure technology has improved. What brings me to this post is after looking at quite a few threads it's obvious how little I know so I'm in search of some basic knowledge as to the differences, advantages, nuances etc between drive systems, brands, controllers, displays, brakes, acronyms, well pretty much everything. Any links to web sites or other info would be greatly appreciated. My daughter has the Voltbike Yukon 500 I mentioned & it has some controller/display issues & parts no longer available from Voltbike. I was told by them to get a controller kit complete with wiring harness. Any suggestions as to what to get. It has a Bafang 8Fun 500W hub motor. Anyone familiar with doing this?
You’ve probably solved your problem by now but I also recommend the Facebook voltbike group. They are a very responsive, intelligent, experienced, knowledgeable and generous bunch of people there so you will like they love than one ... now two replies.

Feliz

Hey, how's it going? I'm in Vernon and ride every day, we've probably spoken. I was looking at those bikes, how are you liking it?