Hitch Bike Rack

Taylor57

Why an extender? You’re getting a 1.25” vs a 2”? I’m confused.
My female receptor coming out of the Audi is 1.25 and the rack from Walmart is a 2inch. So I bought a receiver adapter 1.25 to 2 inch. Was there another way to do it?

Dallant

My female receptor coming out of the Audi is 1.25 and the rack from Walmart is a 2inch. So I bought a receiver adapter 1.25 to 2 inch. Was there another way to do it?
You may not want to hear this but a 2” hitch is far more solid over the long haul. Extensions are just weak and, as you’ve seen (especially with 2 heavy ebikes), add length that can grind when going up steep driveways, streets, etc. Just looking at that picture looks like it’s gonna grind.

Taylor57

You may not want to hear this but a 2” hitch is far more solid over the long haul. Extensions are just weak and, as you’ve seen (especially with 2 heavy ebikes), add length that can grind when going up steep driveways, streets, etc. Just looking at that picture looks like it’s gonna grind.
Yep, we carved out a pretty nice chunck out of the sloped driveway. Return to sender! The good news is refund!

Dallant

I guess so. I'm back in the market.
Good luck! I bought a Curt 2” hitch and the Hollywood SE2 rack for my 2019 Rav4 hybrid AWD. Even the Curt is a bit low for my driveway. The “official” Toyota hitch is about an inch to two higher and a $100 more to have installed correctly.