How can I prevent my bike from getting stolen (California )

DEViD SAM

Region
USA
a0f29e51-08ee-47d8-aa7e-a5e948c9800a.__CR0,0,300,400_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

Bike theft has now become a daily problem in the lives of bikers. Wherever anyone's bike is lost at any moment. I love riding E-bike and wanna keep it safe. We know that there are many respected senior E-bike riders in this forum. They can give us clear ideas and knowledge in this regard

rich c

Experienced eBike riders express their preferences every couple weeks when the subject continually gets in the posts. I usually just post this picture and suggest their is no effective way to prevent theft.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 8.54.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 8.54.00 PM.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 20

PDoz

We just need a jail equipped version

ian fisher

there is no real way to totally prevent theft but you can at least reduces the chances by making theft more difficult by using more than one lock. choose a good quality D shackel as your main lock and two or three cheaper cable type locks wrapped around your bike and whatever your securing it to several times, maybe also one or two small padlocks on the chain or on the brake discs. None of these will necessarily prevent theft but the idea is to make your bike look like less of an easy target. I think that bike thieves are opportunistic and typically act quickly so anything that will slow them down enough to increase the possibility of being caught in the act is likely more of a deterrent than a bike with just one lock.

DEViD SAM

Region
USA
there is no real way to totally prevent theft but you can at least reduces the chances by making theft more difficult by using more than one lock. choose a good quality D shackel as your main lock and two or three cheaper cable type locks wrapped around your bike and whatever your securing it to several times, maybe also one or two small padlocks on the chain or on the brake discs. None of these will necessarily prevent theft but the idea is to make your bike look like less of an easy target. I think that bike thieves are opportunistic and typically act quickly so anything that will slow them down enough to increase the possibility of being caught in the act is likely more of a deterrent than a bike with just one lock.
It can be an effective or thank you so much