How fast should the battery drain while not in use?

citivas

Just got my new Como 4.0 yesterday. Battery came fairly close to drained (about 12 percent). Charged it last night, did my first ride this morning. It started at 100%. It was at 94% when I finished (and had just barely turned from 95% as I stopped) and turned it off this morning.

This evening I turned it on to setup the Mission Control app. It had been stored in 70-something degrees during the hours in between and it was probably about 10 hours of a gap. Battery when I turned it on was at 91% Is losing 3% in 10 hours of storage in moderate temperate a day about what I should expect? Or is the loss ratio greater because it was still charged to such a high percentage when storage began (I did a 17 mile ride but tried to be conservative about use because exercise was the goal).

Thanks.

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
It is too fast a drain. Don't draw the conclusion too early though. Give your Como a couple of weeks so you both could know each other better. When the things are new to us, we simply care too much. Been there, experienced that :)

Enjoy your Como! Ride on!

MikeDD

How accurate is the percentage on Mission Control? Who knows. On my turbo levo I look at the lights. I agree, ride it. What's 3 percent? When my bike gets below 50 percent I charge it depending on the length of the planned ride.

Sierratim

Region
USA
City
Nevada City, CA & Paradise Valley, AZ
After letting my Vado 'cool down' after a ride the battery charge level is often ~3% less than when I just finished the ride. I believe this is related to the battery temperature more than anything else.

I stored both of our batteries in the house over the winter starting with ~70% charge. They were both still within a percent or two of their initial charge after a month so. No real issues with the batteries self-draining when stored as far as I can tell.

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
After letting my Vado 'cool down' after a ride the battery charge level is often ~3% less than when I just finished the ride. I believe this is related to the battery temperature more than anything else.
A good point.
Sometimes the battery of my Vado charges to 98% only on some days and to 100% on the other. Same with my Trance E+. Has to do something with the temperature. Or, it is really unimportant.

Sierratim

Region
USA
City
Nevada City, CA & Paradise Valley, AZ
A good point.
Sometimes the battery of my Vado charges to 98% only on some days and to 100% on the other. Same with my Trance E+. Has to do something with the temperature. Or, it is really unimportant.
I have noticed that at times my Vado will report 100% charge, but the charger is still 'red', i.e. charging. If I disconnect the charger in this condition the battery will 'droop' to ~98% charge in a short time. If I leave the charger connected until its indicator turns green ('done'), the battery stays at 100% charge. I believe the charger is going through its cell balancing procedure when this happens. Disconecting too early leaves a few cells at less than optimum capacity, so the battery droops. Leaving the charger connected corrects this.