How to Prevent Flat Tires on Electric Bikes

retiredNH

Region
USA
I'm thinking I'm very fortunate to live in an area where nothing grows with long thorns, just wild blackberries, and there isn't much home construction or renovation going on, so the roads aren't full of tacks. In fact, they're not full of much of anything, including trucks or cars. Just beautiful scenery...

m@Robertson

Region
USA
I'm thinking I'm very fortunate to live in an area where nothing grows with long thorns, just wild blackberries, and there isn't much home construction or renovation going on, so the roads aren't full of tacks. In fact, they're not full of much of anything, including trucks or cars. Just beautiful scenery...
We're the opposite, unfortunately. I have plenty of experience with what stops nails because of all the home and apartment construction we have going on. The thorns are just a fact of life in CA, although now that I have a proper tire sealant I am almost confident enough not to care anymore. Thorns are only an issue if I take trails, which is a recent thing for me. The real issue is what happens using a bike for transportation daily on urban streets. Nails, glass, metal shards... If I can I still do multiple layers of protection, and I wouldn't be caught on a bike without a complete tool kit, an ebike-battery-powered compressor and a backup hand pump. I will say that non-fat tires have belted options which cut waaaaay down on all issues. Schwalbe Marathon Plus and the Continental Contact City seem invulnerable.