I need help finding a cruiser for under $1000 for tall rider.

pgarriso1

I recently got a Juggernaut HD and love it. Now looking for inexpensive (Under $1000) cruiser style e-bike for my wife to be able to ride with me. Issues are she is tall (6ft 1in) and all legs (38-inch inseam) and has a bad back. So the cruiser style is a must. She doesn't want to spend a lot because she is not sure how much she will like it. I checked out Nakto bikes but learned from the reviews here they are made more for the Chinese market and shorter riders. (150-155mm Crankarms, etc...) Any suggestions on others I should look at?

Alex M

Nakto is a bad idea for somebody who's not sure about ebikes. It doesn't have PAS, only throttle, so she wouldn't get the full experience.
There was a slightly better Ancheer, tiny 250W motor and only 3 PAS levels, but it seems they are out of stock.

Ebikes under $1,000 are generally throw-away.

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove
Nakto is a bad idea for somebody who's not sure about ebikes. It doesn't have PAS, only throttle, so she wouldn't get the full experience.
There was a slightly better Ancheer, tiny 250W motor and only 3 PAS levels, but it seems they are out of stock.

Ebikes under $1,000 are generally throw-away.
Not much choice for $1000. Check here.

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Not much choice for $1000. Check here.

I agree with your recommendation... probably the best deal available now for $899.
You may need to add a taller seat post for her long inseam... easy fix on this E-bike.

1590804038410.png

jaizon

I recently got a Juggernaut HD and love it. Now looking for inexpensive (Under $1000) cruiser style e-bike for my wife to be able to ride with me. Issues are she is tall (6ft 1in) and all legs (38-inch inseam) and has a bad back. So the cruiser style is a must. She doesn't want to spend a lot because she is not sure how much she will like it. I checked out Nakto bikes but learned from the reviews here they are made more for the Chinese market and shorter riders. (150-155mm Crankarms, etc...) Any suggestions on others I should look at?

That's a tall order.

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove
Now please somebody explain me what is the "electric throttle control". Are there non-electric throttles, like non-electric widows in 1970 car?
My Amish neighbors have non electric throttles on their carriages.. They call them buggy whips.

Alex M

Get Aventon Pace 350 for $1,100. Decent bike, decent company with dealers.
There are bikes in $600-900 range, but there is nothing good there.
Upzy: Ecotric $710.
Or Walmart, they have "something" for $600, as I recall. Might not last long enough for resale.

byunbee

If you look long enough you can find some solid deals. I found my Haibike Xduro Urban with 1 mile on odometer for $1100 from an estate sale. Right now, I'm also looking for a relatively low cost ebike for my wife, preferably with Bosch, Brose, or Yamaha mid-drive motors and low mileage (less than 100 miles). My target is $1000-$1200. I'm willing to take a risk with an used ebike from reputable manufacturers with reliable motors and low mileage even if there is no warranty.

Timpo

It does say it can accommodate riders up to 6'2"

Alex M

Nakto has short cranks, you can extend the seat post but the mechanics of riding will still be off, for a long-legged rider.

I was wrong earlier, saying that Nakto has no PAS - it does, but it is unusable. There is only one PAS level, it corresponds to High, this is inconvenient and people prefer switching PAS off and using a throttle, this gives you more control. Oddly, some Nakto models have no button to turn PAS off. Switching the battery off (to turn PAS off) is inconvenient either - with steel frame it's too heavy to pedal unassisted.