I-rack for Sduro Trekking

piper109

I have a new Sduro Trekking. I really like the build quality. I am about 2 hours drive from a dealer and I would like to buy I-rack parts to fit the Carrymore carrier. I have seen them on Ebay Germany but is there someway I can get them in USA ? An online stockist perhaps ? Thanks

Ravi Kempaiah

I have a new Sduro Trekking. I really like the build quality. I am about 2 hours drive from a dealer and I would like to buy I-rack parts to fit the Carrymore carrier. I have seen them on Ebay Germany but is there someway I can get them in USA ? An online stockist perhaps ? Thanks
I have the same Xduro Trekking S Rx. It's a bit of annoyance as my Ortleibs don't work but I found some good Axiom panniers that work well.
I thought of purchasing I-rack smart bag but in the end decided to go with panniers.

piper109

The trekking carrier has a big spring but I have seen underneath it some attachment places and a pushbutton. These seem to work for the I-rack stuff and I have seen an adaptor on German Ebay which permits several different types of bags, trunks, panniers etc from being fitted quickly and cleanly. Typical German attention to detail. I can easily buy from Germany as i read German and i use PayPal but I am too cheap to pay the shipping LOL

Ravi Kempaiah

The trekking carrier has a big spring but I have seen underneath it some attachment places and a pushbutton. These seem to work for the I-rack stuff and I have seen an adaptor on German Ebay which permits several different types of bags, trunks, panniers etc from being fitted quickly and cleanly. Typical German attention to detail. I can easily buy from Germany as i read German and i use PayPal but I am too cheap to pay the shipping LOL
Can you share the link?
This one is specifically designed for Sduro and Xduro

JayVee

I have the same Xduro Trekking S Rx. It's a bit of annoyance as my Ortleibs don't work but I found some good Axiom panniers that work well.
I thought of purchasing I-rack smart bag but in the end decided to go with panniers.
As I bought a similar bike, but with a Yamaha drive, you've sparked my curiosity. Normally QL1, QL2 and QL2.1 should fit most racks. Do you have QL3s?

I've purchased Ortlieb Back Roller high visibility panniers with QL2.1 mounts and was told they would fit on the Trekking SRX, no problem. The bike I bought is sold with a StandWell XLC Carrymore rack system. Judging by the documentation given with the Ortliebs, it looks like they could fit.

Ravi Kempaiah

As I bought a similar bike, but with a Yamaha drive, you've sparked my curiosity. Normally QL1, QL2 and QL2.1 should fit most racks. Do you have QL3s?

I've purchased Ortlieb Back Roller high visibility panniers with QL2.1 mounts and was told they would fit on the Trekking SRX, no problem. The bike I bought is sold with a StandWell XLC Carrymore rack system. Judging by the documentation given with the Ortliebs, it looks like they could fit.
Unfortunately, they don't! I have tried both QL2.1 and QL3 They don't fit.
I was annoyed at this design flaw.
XLC carrymore.JPG

piper109

I have no panniers or bag as this time as I have only had the bike a few days but I would like to find places where stuff for these bikes can be found. Your experiences are helpful. German stuff is typically hard to find and probably not easily interchangeable.

JayVee

EDIT: I received the bike and it does not come with additional horizontal bars as shown in the image below.

It looks like there is actually a slight difference between the Bosch powered Trekking Xduro and the Sduro Trekking 6.0 as far as the rack goes. Judging from the images on Habike's website (probably renders), it looks like the Sduro's rack could accommodate an office bag that might be able to clip onto some extra horizontal bars. This is provided that the bag doesn't sit too low (the bars probably wouldn't work well with panniers). So those who want a smaller bag might be able to 'get away' with the more recent rack. But let's see if the extra horizontal mounts actually exist first...

I'll post a picture when the bike is shipped.

Trekking Sduro 6.0:

trekking6.0.png

Trekking Xduro 5.0:

trekking5.0-.png

This might fit on the Sduro Trekking 6.0 rack:

officebag.jpg

Last edited:

piper109

My bike is Sduro Trekking SL and the rack I have resembles more the second picture labelled Xduro 5.0. The brand is Carrymore and has a traditional European rack spring and also attachments for I-rack or Vip-fix bags used in Germany, NL etc.
See also https://www.fahrradmagazin.net/fahrradzubehoer/i-rack-gepaecktraeger-system/
I have been looking for a "trunk" type bag with a bottle pocket for my wife so I would like the adaptor plate i-rack style. The ones I have seen advertised in USA seem to be from China I am guessing and although they are probably fine they are attached to the rack with velcro straps which I dont think I like. The picture of the Ortlieb bike has the bottom attachment area obscured but otherwise looks nice.

JayVee

Ok, so after much googling, I've finally managed to find out how the Ortliebs Q2.1 can fit on the Sduro/Xduro trekking without modifying the rack. The solution is actually pretty simple: you can purchase an optional 20mm hook for the Ortliebs instead of the standard 16mm ones.

It's shown and explained in this thread on the German Pedelec forum (Wl4's post):

http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/in...2016-kaufempfehlung.37581/page-31#post-712987

So that solves that problem. But I'm still curious to see what @piper109 comes up with for the I-rack, as it looks like a very convenient solution.

piper109

What is shown on the pedelec forum above is the exact rack that I have on my Sduro Trekking SL The XLC adaptor plate on it or something just like it is what I want. I keep finding sites where it is no longer available so I will probably have to buy it from an overseas source which often say it is not shippable to USA. Not sure I understand why it is so hard to get.

JayVee

They often don't ship to certain countries. I was having trouble finding the plate and the mesh ring because I live in Switzerland, which is geographically in Europe but not part of the EU.

On the same Pedelec forum page as the link above they seem to indicate that the plate 'rattles' at times. Mariop uses the plate and said this in the thread:

"Ja, die Adapterplatte mach Geräusche, wenn keine Last auf ihm ist".

It loosely translates to:

Yes, the adapter plate makes noise when there is no load on it

piper109

Danke fur die Ubersetzung LOL . Ich habe auch in die Schweiz gewohnt (Franzosich Seite) und auch in Baden Wurtenburg. Mein Muttersprache ist jedenfalls English. I am coming to the conclusion that this adapter plate "c'est introuvable" and I might just have to make my own from 10mm plywood or be confined to using Velcro which seems a bit silly for such a simple, practical part.

JayVee

Cool, your spoken German is certainly better than mine. I can mostly understand what's being said in day to day conversations, but have difficulty putting 3 sentences in a row together. C'est plus facile en Français... :)

JayVee

I've received the larger Ortlieb hooks. The difference can be seen below (20mm on left, 16mm 'standard' on right).

20mm-p.png

piper109

It looks as if the larger hooks will fit a larger tubing diameter of rack. I will be interested to see them fitted in place. If its what you wanted I glad you were able to get them !
I emailed Haibike USA about the Carrymore I-rack system and for reply he said the parts and bags were not available in USA and that I should make do with Axiom or Ortlieb bags instead. I already had come to that conclusion so I am no further ahead. I guess I shall have to do DIY.

Last edited: