Ideal display for Watt Wagons (future feature)

coldriderwi

Reach goal - motor disabled if removed
This one makes me a little nervous. The implementation would need to be bulletproof. I would hate to be in a situation where the bike won’t power because of a broken/malfunctioning display.

One thanksgiving I stopped for gas in the middle of nowhere on the way to see family. Car wouldn’t start because it suddenly decided it didn’t recognize the key.

opimax

a dbl edged sword! May want/need to ride without display. if you turned on the bike with with the display can you make it removable for a minimalist or special situation?

not a biggie more like thinking out loud....

AdilDesai

I would like a removable display due to city living/riding. My preference is to use my phone/app to do everything on your list. And when I park the bike, I take my phone and that in turn immobilizes the bike (theft prevention).

Ebiker33

Visible through polarized lenses would be HIGH for me.
True, although I never said it was a priority for me, I forgot my expensive subscription BOSS sunglasses I always wear riding are polarized too, so yeah count that as important to me.
But alot of people wear some type of protective eye wear on Ebikes...at 28MPH the wind force will make your eyes water without anything, since polarized is better I imagine the class of customer buying Watt Wagons is going to have that, and being able to properly see a great display will be important.

CityExplorer

Lots of different people, lots of different use cases. Maybe something configurable like an Apple Watchface?

It should be easy to switch the odometer back and forth on the main screen between total distance and trip distance.

I would vote higher for motor/battery analytics, but proper battery analytics require a customized battery and that is not a good idea. Still you can do better than most displays with a little work.

rexel1

one thing I’d like is for the display to be detachable. I often leave my juiced ccs locked up when going into shops and always concerned that someone is going to try and break off the screen display

CityExplorer

one thing I’d like is for the display to be detachable. I often leave my juiced ccs locked up when going into shops and always concerned that someone is going to try and break off the screen display
The only problem with this is that people who don't want to take it with them are open to having the display easily stollen. It's like the double edged sword of the quick release seat post and wheels. I supposed one option would be to have a way to secure it that defeats the quick release for those that don't want to always take it with them. The other challenge is just to have it secure enough to stay on if not purposely removed.

Last edited:

Wald

One think that is very annoying on the DCP-18: You always have to go into the menu to reset the trip counter, which requires the use of many buttons.

My wish would be the possibility to reset the trip counter for example with a combination of two buttons pressed at once. Without the need to fiddle through menus.

vincent

personally i dont like small display like the egg rider , but am fine for using that to program

and i dont have a problem picking up an older iPhone etc to run as a display if i need to
if we could have more options using this with an app i would be fine with that

being able to read in bright sunlight would be a big plus
i want everything on the regular display and more
ANT would be cool.. i have a varia on order now

i would not mind having motor temp but not a huge deal

removing and locking the bike would be great too