Introduction & first impressions BMC Alpenchallenger

dougpnirv

Region
USA
I'm a casual rider in southern California, and have ridden a steel touring bike for many years. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a BMC Alpenchallenger AMP City One (not a very elegant name) and have found it to be quite satisfying. It's a whole new world of technology to deal with. I've always worked on my own bikes but this one will be getting it's attention at the dealer. After a bit over 200 miles, the battery charge seems good for roughly 100 miles on the low power setting. Really liking the bike & have recommended to a couple of friends who are also thinking electric.

Doug Peterson,
Irvine, CA

reed scott

I'm a casual rider in southern California, and have ridden a steel touring bike for many years. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a BMC Alpenchallenger AMP City One (not a very elegant name) and have found it to be quite satisfying. It's a whole new world of technology to deal with. I've always worked on my own bikes but this one will be getting it's attention at the dealer. After a bit over 200 miles, the battery charge seems good for roughly 100 miles on the low power setting. Really liking the bike & have recommended to a couple of friends who are also thinking electric.

Doug Peterson,
Irvine, CA
Pics. We need pics. :) 👍

Welcome to the board.

PedalUma

Region
USA
These are clean bikes. I like the Steps with an external battery on the central seat tube.

dougpnirv

Region
USA
Pictures prove it happened. On this bike, that is all the junk I'm going to tack on. Well, maybe a rack.

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_103845162.jpg
    IMG_20210209_103845162.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20210209_103902606.jpg
    IMG_20210209_103902606.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210209_103921364.jpg
    IMG_20210209_103921364.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 55

dougpnirv

Region
USA
Thanks! This is my first e-bike & I'm really impressed with it. It's very natural, no sudden jerks of power or overrun after you stop pedaling. On eco setting I'm getting over 100 miles range on flat ground. Had it now just over 2 weeks & will roll over 200 miles tomorrow. The Shimano STEPS control unit takes some getting used to & the instructions are incomplete but I eventualy figured it out. It really encourages riding & I recommend it.