IZIP up hill

AndrewH

Bought an IZIP on Ebay, even using its extra low gear & throttle I can't get up this big hill near me. Guess the 2 lead-acid batteries make it too heavy?
Can the motor be moved so it uses the gears? instead of using its own sprocket.

Ann M.

Nope! You have one of the TrailZ or eZip versions of the Currie Tech bikes that use SLA batteries. The motor on those is a brushed motor and can't be put inside the hub..

J.R.

Izip Mountain Trailz Al electric bike.
Or maybe lower gearing on motor, & only use it up hill?
Andrew, did you follow the link I posted above to the review? It's the same bike as your Ebay listing. You could extend your range and power some with fresh, new SLA batteries $72.00 or better LiFePO4 lithium-ion battery $400.00. The bike with it's brushed motor is old technology and will never compare to current brushless motor and Li-ion ebikes. Here is a site with parts and batteries http://www.electricscooterparts.com/iziptrailzalmenselectricbicycleparts.html

AndrewH

Thanks, I looked @ that, I'd e-bike stolen! Dillinger Cheetah folding, Could see if its 12Ah 24v battery fits into case on Izip?

Cameron Newland

Bought an IZIP on Ebay, even using its extra low gear & throttle I can't get up this big hill near me. Guess the 2 lead-acid batteries make it too heavy?
Can the motor be moved so it uses the gears? instead of using its own sprocket.

Unfortunately, you bought a bike that has terrible performance. Modern ebikes have 36V-52V lithium-ion batteries that offer more power and torque than the Trailz. Honestly, you ought to consider selling this and buying a different bike.

AndrewH

I've Zipper Z3 brush-less rear hub, 36v lithium, 1 speed step-thro'; but now I've 'fixed' it, it doesn't work!