Juiced CCX rider in eastern PA

jw4

Region
USA
Hey folks, I picked up a barely used CCX in March of 2021 and have put 4200 miles on it so far. Love the bike and want to keep it going strong. I'm wondering about the whirring/whining noise the hub motor makes and if there's some maintenance that I should tend to... greasing gears?? It's always made this noise, so I'm not worried, but would love a quieter ride. Thoughts???

indianajo

I've owned 5 geared hub motors. The plastic gears will wear out even if greased. One wore gears in ~4500 miles (ebikeling 1300 w). Others killed by a slipping clutch (Mac12t) or overheating due to too much load and too many hills (bafang 36 v 500w used @ 48v). My motors, the knobby tires I ride make more noise than the motor.
Ride until it stops pulling, then find another motor with compatible voltage & connectors. Not exactly easy, as connectors for hall effect sensors change from year to year.\
One maintenance item is keeping the cover screws tight. I had to tighten the ebikeling motor screws about every 1000 miles. Else it popped & snapped.

jw4

Region
USA
Thanks, I tend to tap the brakes to reset the noise, but of course it returns in a minute or two.