Just Posted to Giant USA Website 2020 ROAD E+ 1 PRO (28MPH)

Saratoga Dave

No mention of the extra battery pack that supposedly will be available on the new Revolt. You’d think they would highlight this given the smaller battery on a 28mph bike from the 2019 version.

And Mtl_Biker, Di2 is electronic shifting.

Blueislandbike

I'm in the US, Class 3 (28mph), but I think Canada is Class 1 (20mph) or less. Maybe you could buy in the US then register it as a moped and put a small license plate on it. No harm no foul. For Roadie's the 20 mph is no good because you can do that on a flat then you're just dragging a 37 lb anchor around.

Blueislandbike

Giant has mentioned a bottle sized "Extender Battery" but I have not found it anywhere on line yet. Specialized Expert ebike has a bottle sized range extender as well. A must have for hilly rides over 50+ miles I'm betting

Mtl_Biker

I'm in the US, Class 3 (28mph), but I think Canada is Class 1 (20mph) or less. Maybe you could buy in the US then register it as a moped and put a small license plate on it. No harm no foul. For Roadie's the 20 mph is no good because you can do that on a flat then you're just dragging a 37 lb anchor around.
It would be prohibitively expensive for me to buy a Giant bike in the US and then bring it into Canada. Duties and taxes are paid on the bike when it arrives in the US, and I'd have to AGAIN pay duties and taxes upon bringing it into Canada. Plus the dollar exchange rate is really poor. At the current exchange rate, the US$4,500 Road E+1 Pro would be $6,000 Cdn, while the Giant Canada price for it is only $5,000. And that's without adding on the duty that would have to be paid when bringing it into Canada. Easily about $1,500 more to do that than just to buy one in Canada.

Blueislandbike

That's correct, Shimano Di2 electronic shifting, (SRAM makes it as well) but once you've ridden it you can't go back, so smooth and especially good in winter when you have big gloves on. Its perfect shifting, like touching a key on a keyboard and the sensors keep the chain in the proper alignment.

rochrunner

Wow! Too bad I'm past the point where a road bike would be a good choice. I like that it's got a full drivetrain with 11 speed cassette and compact double crank.

StmbtDave

I don't believe the stock bike comes with the Di2 system, it would be an additional add-on. The spec sheet lists Shimano Ultegra.