Just received a new Dorado 25ah battery

TheBigKnifeStore

Region
USA
Since I already purchase direct from other manufacturers in China this looked like a product in short supply with a need of a US distributor. I'll get other sizes and capacities as the need arises.
I appreciate your knowledge and postings on this site Bitmugger.

reed scott

I just finished my first ride with one of these on my Magnum Ranger, amazing range.
The other 4 I ordered are for sale...
Pretty sure that's the battery I have for my rebadged Frey AM 1000. I already have two of them though. I can't do many long rides right now. I have 'problems' getting one down to 'storage level' for when the bike has to sit around for a few days. It's just terrible. :eek:🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

john peck

I can confirm the process was very easy!

*** EDIT *** SEE MY LONGER POST TRIP COMMENTS NEXT POST DOWN ***

I got back from my trip. I will post a full review shortly but 1st impressions after the ride are all positive!

We rode 102km the first day on PAS 4 (NCM Moscow) and I am a heavy rider with gear and a spare 16ah battery and we pulled in with 2 bars left on my display. I was very happy! My son had to switch batteries (he was riding a 16ah) around 75km. Ride back was in hot humid weather, really sticky and I leaned on the motor to assist me more and used PAS 6 for the final 25km and still rolled in with 44v left on the display. I'll post more details in a full review shortly. But battery worked flawless and charged fully overnight with a 3A charger and the range is fantastic.

A lighter rider and/or using less assist I don't see any reason you couldn't get 200km from a charge or more. To me these large 21ah to 25ah batteries are game changers for bike touring and/or commuting. Now I finally have a battery where I can carry a single battery, no awkward spare and can get more than enough distance for a fulls days riding. Even me being heavy I can get 120km from the battery with ease and further if I needed to. I can basically ebike tour now for unlimited distances since I can charge overnight at hotels. With a spare 16ah battery on the bike I could do 3 days of camping without charging even. Those are fantastic scenarios for me.

As a commuter doing say 15km a day to and from work you can go 2 full weeks Mon-Fri of riding plus some grocery runs before you have to recharge!!
Bit, So very tempting, but I have 2-13ah, & can get 60 mi. from either one. I have added a shelf to my
rack to carry both though not remotely necessary. How many watt hours on the 25ah? I also have a
21ah & 8ah dorado , but too short for the moscow unless clamped in with a 6¨ hose clamp. With a 25ah
& trailer, I´d be set for a transcontinental tour.😉(80ah total)

TheBigKnifeStore

Region
USA
Just shy of 1,200 watt hours. I'll have to look for the exact number.
With all those batteries you definitely could do some touring. I was just looking at Google Maps for some longer single day trips myself.

john peck

Just shy of 1,200 watt hours. I'll have to look for the exact number.
With all those batteries you definitely could do some touring. I was just looking at Google Maps for some longer single day trips myself.
thx,close enuff. I´ve done the same for any place within 20 mi. that might be worth the ride.

Bitmugger

Region
Canada
I've been asked numerous times if the 25ah will fit bikes with a narrow step through style frame. My GF has a NCM Milano with a narrow frame so I did a quick video showing everyone with narrow frame bikes that the 25ah will typically fit without issue. You only need 5mm space above your stock battery and I am 99.9% sure every narrow frame bike has that amount of extra space. My video shows the 25ah fits great and even has room to spare for sliding my finger tip in between the frame and the battery.

RJC

Thanks for contrastively testing riding in different roads and with different PAS.
The bike shuts dowm at 40V, which protects the battery from over-discharging earlier than triggering he BMS protection.
Excllent range of 93km on full assist!
Hi Jenny
I'm in the Uk. Can you give me a rough price for 25ah battery, for my NCM Moscow,including shipping.
Thanks.