Kinekt seat post + Specialized 'Mirror' seat

GuruUno

fair enough! service certainly varies from place to place. but i'm curious why you'd have the shop install a saddle. i'd guess the problem would have been avoided if you did it yourself!
When announced, I ordered. When arrived at the LBS, and I went to pick it up, it was offered to me to be installed. Sure I said, thank you, and even gave him a $20 tip for being so nice. Even torquing it to specs, etc., which is/was critical.

mschwett

Region
USA
When announced, I ordered. When arrived at the LBS, and I went to pick it up, it was offered to me to be installed. Sure I said, thank you, and even gave him a $20 tip for being so nice. Even torquing it to specs, etc., which is/was critical.

yes, correct torque is absolutely critical for carbon rails! i have about 8k miles on my two mirror saddles, once torqued properly zero issues.

mschwett

Region
USA
But, did you use the referenced "different" clamps?

yes, of course. it says right up front in the instructions. if i recall there's even a picture.

it's also completely obvious when you try and clamp it that the clamping surface and the clamped surface are a different shape! not beating a dead horse here, but this is not some kind of secret.

GuruUno

yes, of course. it says right up front in the instructions. if i recall there's even a picture.

it's also completely obvious when you try and clamp it that the clamping surface and the clamped surface are a different shape! not beating a dead horse here, but this is not some kind of secret.
I am now educated, but the LBS manager who installed it is/was not.

mschwett

Region
USA
I am now educated, but the LBS manager who installed it is/was not.

definitely a fail on their part. i wonder if they even looked at the instructions? or if they'd ever installed a carbon rail seat before. i am pretty sure they're very often elliptical.