Known Issues & Problems with Carbo Products + Help, Solutions, & Fixes

mitchhackleman

Operations Manger
Staff member
No Ebike is perfect. This is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Carbo as well as any help and solutions. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update, or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

geoteo

I am considering purchasing the Carbo folding e-bike because it seems to offer great performance while being relatively light (compared to almost all other e-bikes) and at a reasonable cost. Folding has become my number one feature after having had 5+ bikes stolen in Vancouver, BC, including my e-bike recently. This with THREE locks on it including an ABUS! So being able to fold/keep with me everywhere is paramount. I would appreciate any existing owners who would be willing to contact me to share their experience with the bike, including reliability and service. Being a relatively new bike and company that ships direct- and without an EBR review yet - I would feel better hearing about how it stands up over time. Many thanks.

Hacklemedia

I am considering purchasing the Carbo folding e-bike because it seems to offer great performance while being relatively light (compared to almost all other e-bikes) and at a reasonable cost. Folding has become my number one feature after having had 5+ bikes stolen in Vancouver, BC, including my e-bike recently. This with THREE locks on it including an ABUS! So being able to fold/keep with me everywhere is paramount. I would appreciate any existing owners who would be willing to contact me to share their experience with the bike, including reliability and service. Being a relatively new bike and company that ships direct- and without an EBR review yet - I would feel better hearing about how it stands up over time. Many thanks.

Hey there! We actually just did a review of the bike if you'd to check that out, but mainly here to let you know we have one of our viewers, Gilmario, who got his bike a few days ago and is supposed to be keeping us updated on his experience, so hopefully, he'll let us know what his initial findings are. Being skeptical of newer companies shipping directly to consumers is a smart stance to have in the Ebike world :p Wishing you the best with your new folder.

leebuki

I recently received my carbo after a 2 month wait. Excitedly I built it only to find out it won't power on. I thought maybe the battery was completely dead. I charged it overnight. Still won't power. Then randomly it powered on in the afternoon. After riding for 3 minutes it shut down automatically and hasn't been able to power on again since. This is so bizarre.. the fact that it worked for 3 minutes has me scratching my head. I tried charging it again, checked for loose wires... But still nothing. Wat to do?

mitchhackleman

Operations Manger
Staff member
I recently received my carbo after a 2 month wait. Excitedly I built it only to find out it won't power on. I thought maybe the battery was completely dead. I charged it overnight. Still won't power. Then randomly it powered on in the afternoon. After riding for 3 minutes it shut down automatically and hasn't been able to power on again since. This is so bizarre.. the fact that it worked for 3 minutes has me scratching my head. I tried charging it again, checked for loose wires... But still nothing. Wat to do?
Hey there! Wondering if you found a solution to this problem yet?