Known Issues & Problems with Gazelle Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Gazelle as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Sarisuk

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your support , please i faced issue in my gazalle electice bike , this issue in display controller.

We have in dashboard 3 lights , eco , normal and boast ,

I tried to to run power but light In( eco ) is switch on/off , can you tell me what is this issue ?

Thank you

rajron

Just love my Ultimate T10+ she is just beautiful and fast to 28 mph after which that beautiful bike gets heavy.
I have only ridden the new bike for less than 100 miles but I have changed two things which have significantly helped me adjust to the “Dutch Style” riding.
Changed the peddles too clipless, not road but SPD, two sided latches on what looks like a platform pedals – my feet are now in place and not moving about. The OEM pedals on the bike seemed okay but after removing them and feeling their substance I do not believe they would have lasted very long.
Secondly, I replaced the saddle with one of my old mnt bike saddles – so much more comfortable, to me, than the original saddle.
The next thing I am changing are the bar grips, I ordered new Ergon G5’s which will allow a little more lowering and stretching but still allowing upright “Dutch Style” riding when moving back onto the flat bar grips.

After first ride, completely stock.
51023961662_4848d6460b_c.jpg

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
Changed the peddles too clipless, not road but SPD, two sided latches on what looks like a platform pedals – my feet are now in place and not moving about.
"Pedals", please :)
FYI, Shimano clipless pedals are "SPD" both for road and MTB. The road variety is SPD-SL, while there are many models of MTB clipless pedals from Shimano and other brands.

As I respect your choice, you might be interested to learn that MTB platform pedals (ones equipped with pins) hold feet as firmly as the clipless ones, allow changing feet position when desired, and allow wearing casual shoes. Just saying :)

Still excited with your new ride!

rajron

😉 Pedals – so easy to write peddles but meaning pedals very strange word. – adaptor vs adapter is another weird word.
Yea it’s not just movement on the pedal but lifting as well – I always prefer walking in street shoes but bike shoes work so great biking, I have a Topeak trunk which I will carry spare shoes or sandals.
Which brings to a point: Anyone know where to find a “Topeak Omni Rail” adaptor?
I am still stoked over my new bike!

gadgetguy

😉 Pedals – so easy to write peddles but meaning pedals very strange word. – adaptor vs adapter is another weird word.
Yea it’s not just movement on the pedal but lifting as well – I always prefer walking in street shoes but bike shoes work so great biking, I have a Topeak trunk which I will carry spare shoes or sandals.
Which brings to a point: Anyone know where to find a “Topeak Omni Rail” adaptor?
I am still stoked over my new bike!
I bought it on Amazon, but out of stock. Try ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Topeak-Gep...909306?hash=item547e4821ba:g:e-EAAOSwwlJeL1UC

billatechips

I've had my Ultimate T10+ for 11 months. Consistent problems with the front brake hosing absorbing air. Finally identified as a bad / non-existent plug seal on the caliper. Beyond my technical ken, and the seller didn't pick it up at all. Luckily local Gazelle service location (E-bikery in Santa Barbara) wouldn't give up. Have to say Gazelle US HQ (Darrell) were extraordinary, overnighting parts and tools as needed. Minor issue, but serious impact, really pleased with Gazelle's response. No affiliation!

rajron

Wow glad they found the problem - for reference could you show us where the seal is supposed to be?

billatechips

Here you go. I've had constant problems with the front brake. The air intake meant that the caliper never fully released, so the front pads were gone after 1200 miles and the resistance meant I never got a full range from the battery. When E-bikery drained the caliper from the bottom the seal popped out and fluid went everywhere! They really stuck at it - their mechanic is really sharp - and Gazelle were just great - immediate response when I said it was my daily rider. Couldn't ask for more.

Attachments

• seal.jpg
    seal.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 53