Known Issues & Problems with GenZe Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from GenZe as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Zippy49

If there's one thing I hate about the e101, it's the knobby tires. Buzzy and lacking traction on the street. Changing them is my next project.

Ms. Z's e102 has proper street tires, but the rear wheel needs a bit of truing as delivered. Something well within my expertise, but not for everyone. There are a few scratches on the rear hub from spoke installation. Quality overall seems pretty good, though.

Ken.M

Hi,all.
I will have had my 101 5 years come May.
And like I wrote in the review I did in 2015 . The odometer stops at 4096 miles.
The spokes all rust op real bad.
The battery only lasts for 20 miles if I ride in number 2 asstist.
Other then them it has been fun!
Keep looking up! Ken.