Known Issues & Problems with Himiway Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

troehrkasse

EBR Tech Lead
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric motors from Himiway as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

226GMR

Purchased a Himiway bike for my wife for Christmas. On her second ride the bike shutdown on a communications error (code 30). Talked with support and they said to check the connection in the communications cable near the sprocket. No luck. Also, this bike has significant power, but it is not very well managed. My wife is having trouble controlling the bike because even the lowest gear (1) results in a significant acceleration when used. Looking for others with experience with these bikes and to find out if there is a solution to the error code. They are telling me to take it to a shop, but I'm in NW Montana and there are no Himiway specific shops anywhere close.

troehrkasse

EBR Tech Lead
Staff member
Purchased a Himiway bike for my wife for Christmas. On her second ride the bike shutdown on a communications error (code 30). Talked with support and they said to check the connection in the communications cable near the sprocket. No luck. Also, this bike has significant power, but it is not very well managed. My wife is having trouble controlling the bike because even the lowest gear (1) results in a significant acceleration when used. Looking for others with experience with these bikes and to find out if there is a solution to the error code. They are telling me to take it to a shop, but I'm in NW Montana and there are no Himiway specific shops anywhere close.
Sorry to hear you're having problems with it so soon! I'm not sure if there are any Himiway specific shops anywhere, I think they only sell direct. With that said they use a lot of standard components, so any Ebike shop should be able to take a look at it. We have a directory of Ebike shops that you can check out and see if there are any near you: Local Shop Directory. I would say Himiway should definitely reimburse you for any repair costs at a shop!

Hopefully we have some other Himiway owners on here that may be able to chime in.

Ray13

Hello
Hello

I have experienced the same issues twice. Error 30 and they couldn't figure it out, then they sent me a new bike and had to ship back the old one. Shortly after riding the second ride, Error25 displayed on the screen and the bike wont move. The problem is that no bike store will touch a different ebike brand than theirs. They can only fix tires, brakes.... Any thoughts on this ? Any luck with anybody else ?