Known Issues & Problems with Trek Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

eliot3b4

Went to ride my super commuter +7 and saw the front tire was low. Did not know if there was/is and issue with the tire. Called the show here I have just purchased this bike and was told "we have seen a lot of Trek bikes with metal fiings in the tire. Pump it up and see what happens." Huh? I just spent a lot of money on a new bike and there is an issue with the tires? I do not want to be out riding my bike with the possibility of those tires going flat.

slomoshun

... I do not want to be out riding my bike with the possibility of those tires going flat.
Then remove the tires and check them for filings. Riding a bike 'requires' the knowledge and ability to do that, and to fix a flat because they happen. It's a 20 minute inconvenience.

BigMark

Hello folks, I have a XL 2019 Trek Powerfly 5 that currently has 2000 miles on it. The biggest fault of the bike is the front brake. I'm a large person and anyone riding an XL would be as well. Most of my riding is in the mountains above my home. The solution was going to Deore XT with Deore XT Saint caliper and SM-RTR 203 mm rotor. This requires a common adaptor SM-MA-F203P/P It's an expensive but necessary fix.

Dallant

I had my Allant+7 battery lock malfunction insofar as it would not release the battery. It was fixed by my local Trek shop by releasing the battery (not sure how) and adjusting a number of clearances/parameters of how the battery fits into the opening. The same appears to be true of those batteries that have come loose and fallen out.