LCD screen won't turn on

Ike582

I just turned on my Turbo Vado for the first time this year. The LED lights show 5 red lights, which indicated a good charge, but the LED handlebar screen won't light up. The wires seem to be securely connected. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks

PDXzap

I don't have a Turbo Vado but usually when you see red lights on a battery that's not good.

Nxkharra

I just turned on my Turbo Vado for the first time this year. The LED lights show 5 red lights, which indicated a good charge, but the LED handlebar screen won't light up. The wires seem to be securely connected. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks
5 Green lights are good. 5 red lights indicate issues.

Ike582

Hmm, ok, good thought. I haven't ridden the bike in months so I'll give it a good recharge and see how it looks in the morning. Thanks

Ike582

It's charging and blinking green lights. I think it was dead, as was my brain today. Thanks for the quick response!

Nxkharra

It's charging and blinking green lights. I think it was dead, as was my brain today. Thanks for the quick response!
Blinking green is good. Charging. When fully charged you will have 5 greens.
I think batteries discharge if left unused for long amount of time.
Glad all is OK.

rich c

Batteries need to be maintained when not used for months. Keeping them charged around 50% is optimum. If the charge drops below a low set point, the battery will not take a charge. So watch it closer in the future.