"Lectric Xp - How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP" Upgrade Range Dual Parallel Extra Spare auxiliary More Powerful Battery Mod

Dex

Region
USA
I was looking for the best and easy way to upgrade add a second battery to my Lectric XP and came across this video on YouTube. (Not my video)

"Lectric Xp - How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP"

You can run your batteries in parallel (on) at the same time,

just make sure both are fully charge before connecting them together.
THIS MOD CAN BE DONE WITHOUT ANY SOLDERING YOU JUST NEED THE CORRECT CONNECTORS/ADAPTORS.

(From video description)
"
The vid they dont want you to see !!! So they make $ charging MORE for their weaker expensive batteries This shows you how simple it is to use a different battery IN 5 MINUTES !! I can go as far as 3 stock 10.4ah batteries that I would spend close to $600 w/chargers NOT INCLUDED to buy 2 extra lectric 10.4ah batteries to go as far as I do daily with this set up. You can buy a 48v 20ah for about $200 + or - and it comes with the charger so we charge both batteries at the same time if needed. First, " Lectric " is a awesome company with in my opinion a " 5 star customer service." The bikes are very good and a blast !! Some of You may have other ebikes with 48v batteries and you may want to use that battery you already own. I dont do vids but people kept asking me on fb HOW? What? Theres no other videos showing this easy way to get more range with less cost. Duel battery Lectric xp - This is how I added a extra second Battery - 48v 15.9ah aftermarket battery to my Lectric XP e bikes. It takes me about 5 min to do. Theres cheaper/better batteries and connectors out there than the ones I show you in the vid, which I bought over a year ago . My wife and I were in a hurry for more juice !!! This bike is going to her son in Minnesota !!! Im not advising anyone to do this, Im showing people how I did it to my Lectric ebikes. And I LOVE it. We use the bigger battery as our main battery as we like the speed and power that goes along with a bigger stronger battery. We do charge them both at the same time. This is how I do it. Share it and like it. Don't bother subscribing Im not out for popularity but to show the people this easy way to use a different battery. Lectric is a GREAT company with GOOD bikes !!!"

SHOW LESS

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
These are the items that are mention in the video, found everything except

download.png

:

(2PCS T-Plug Deans Style Male and Female Connectors 10inch 10AWG pigtail)
:

This should work below as a alternative (HobbyStar T-Plug Dean's M to T-Plug FM Adapter Extension Female Male RC battery)

Description: "T-Plug Male plug on one end and a T-Plug Female plug on the other end of 300mm of 14AWG silicone wire. Can be used as an adapter or extension wire."

HobbyStar T-Plug Dean's M to T-Plug FM Adapter Extension Female Male RC battery.jpg

UPP 48V 15AH 1000W E-bike Li-ion Battery Electric Bicycle NO Rear Rack Carrier

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

:

Same battery below but comes with a rear rack (Don't know if the rack will fit a Lectric XP?)

UPP Ebike Li-ion Batteries 48V 15Ah Alloy Case for 750W 1000W Motor +Rear Rack

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Apex RC Products No Wire Ultra T Plug (Deans) Parallel Adapter Plug-3 Pack #1276

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Apex RC Products No Wire Ultra T Plug (Deans Style) Parallel Adapter Connector Plug - 3 Pack #1276

614OeZE5QoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
These are How To Images from video you will need Electrical Tape and Zip Ties as mention in video.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

Video by Lectric XP showing you how to get to battery connection, rest can be ignore doesn't apply to this upgrade.

Last edited:

Keehol

Thanks for posting and sharing with the community. Def one of the things missing from the bike.

Dex

Region
USA
48V 20AH batteries from the same seller.

48V 20AH 1000W Rear Rack Type Battery for 1000W Electric Bicycle LED Taillight

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

48V 20AH 1000W Rear Rack Carrier Li-ion Battery for E-bike Bicycle LED Taillight
(Battery below comes with a rear rack don't know if the rack will fit a Lectric XP?)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
More information on dual batteries for Lectric XP (Not my video)
"
Lectric XP - Auxiliary Battery Wiring Harness in Detail"

Dex

Region
USA
This battery seems to be one of the more popular batteries as mention in above video "Auxiliary Battery" for Lectric XP dual setup and relatively cheap.

48V 20AH Li-ion Battery Bicycle 750W 1000Watt Scooter Motorcycle Hub BMS Power​

New🔥For 48V 250W to 1000W Motor🔥30A BMS🔥USA Seller🚀

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

ki11a

Unknown chinabrand batteries are generally a bad idea and can start fires much more so than trusted brands like LG, Samsung, Panasonic etcetc.

Is it worth a hundred dollars or so savings if your house catches fire? Doubt it.

Dex

Region
USA
Unknown chinabrand batteries are generally a bad idea and can start fires much more so than trusted brands like LG, Samsung, Panasonic etcetc.

Is it worth a hundred dollars or so savings if your house catches fire? Doubt it.
I have heard this before but these Chinese sellers seem to sell a lot of these batteries on eBay and you don't see negative feedback like this battery burn down my house don't buy from this seller. Batteries listed here are from sellers many Lectric XP owners have brought from. In general I agree with you you get what you pay for. Buy and upgrade at your own risk.

Dex

Region
USA

What battery specifically and seller would you say is trusted website to get one these name brand batteries?

Just got that Monster Bluetooth Speaker Superstar S110 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFYYJ53 and Bell Clinch Bottle Cages https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLXZXF6 that I saw on your Lectric XP today charging it now.

ki11a

What battery specifically and seller would you say is trusted website to get one these name brand batteries?

Just got that Monster Bluetooth Speaker Superstar S110 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFYYJ53 and Bell Clinch Bottle Cages https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLXZXF6 that I saw on your Lectric XP today charging it now.
heheh awesome, Im still using the same setup for music :p

In general I would say https://em3ev.com is a trusted source for good batteries that are a decent price, also https://lunacycle.com batteries but those are super expensive.

Oh and GrinTech is awesome https://ebikes.ca/shop.html

UPP used to be a good source, but Ive heard their quality has been really slipping so I dont recommend them

Dex

Region
USA

DUAL BATTERY CONVERTER - INSTANTLY DOUBLE YOUR RIDING RANGE!​

"Have you ever wondered about what to do with all your old ebike battery packs ?Watt Wagons is introducing an incredibly easy way to use your old battery packs and double your riding range. This converter will only work with two packs of the same voltage (e.g. 2x48v, or 2x52v). This converter will be available in May 2020."

(Batteries have to be the same voltage.)

1. Compatible with 36v, 48v, 52v style batteries
  2. Battery capacity can be different - e.g. 11 ah, and 17.5ah
  3. Battery SOC (state of charge) can be different - e.g. one can be charged to 75%, and other to 25%
  4. Current range - up to 60A continuous discharge
  5. There is no dependencies on the motor
If the batteries have different SOC, the converter will use the battery with the higher SOC first.

Dual_Battery_Converter_1800x1800.png

ScreenShot2020-06-09at8.01.20PM_1800x1800.png

Lorky

I wired up a 2nd LectricXP battery in parallel that I attached to the rear rack, made a huge difference. Pulling 20amps on the stock battery sags it so hard, all these companies provide batteries that are basically maxed out in their stock setup, they should be building batteries with some headroom like 30 amp capable but only pulling 20amp.

Dex

Region
USA
Thanks for posting and sharing with the community. Def one of the things missing from the bike.
Agree, Lectric should be offering a larger battery upgrade or making it easier (kit) for people to add a second battery connected in parallel.

Dex

Region
USA

OliRC 2pcs T-Plug Dean's M to T-Plug FM Adapter 12inch 30cm Extension Female Male Wire for RC Battery(C42-2)​

• Used as an adapter or extension wire
  • Male Deans to Female Deans Adapter Wire
  • Wire: 14awg 30cm
  • Quantity: 2pcs

51eWX6lyleL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

2 PCS Deans T Plug Extension Cable Deans T Plug Male Connector to Deans T Plug Female Connector Wire Adapter with 11.8inch 14awg Silicone Wire​

• T-plug Deans male connector to T-plug Deans female connector adapter extension cable with 11.8inch 14AWG silicone cable.
  • Wire Length: About 30cm / 11.8inch. Connector: male to female T-plug .
  • Product specification: excellent workmanship. It uses 14AWG high quality silicone wire and is suitable for high current power supply. It is convenient and quick installation, and can extend the distance of the ESC battery anytime.
  • Used when charging the battery on the board. Used when the ESC is too far from the battery compartment.
  • Package:2pcs * T-plug Deans male connector to T-plug Deans female connector adapter extension cable with 11.8inch 14AWG silicone cable.

51KGJps8xYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Dex

Region
USA
1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

FLY RC 4Packs No Wire Deans Parallel Connector 1 Female to 2 Male Deans
T Plug Parallel Connector Adapter for RC Quadcopter Multirotor

51y5yaRq9FL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

BNTECHGO 14 Gauge Silicone Wire Spool Red and Black Each 20ft Flexible 14 AWG Stranded Copper Wire

6179MMeTbPL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

5 Pairs T Plug Connector Female and Male Deans with 14AWG Silicon Wire for RC Lipo Battery Cable Drone

51kVD3VPmRL._AC_.jpg

Kuject 120PCS Solder Seal Wire Connectors, Self-Solder Heat Shrink Butt Connector Solder Sleeve
Waterproof Insulated Electrical Butt Splice Wire Terminals for Marine Automotive Boat Truck Wire Joint

Video

81xoZyI8d2L._SL1500_.jpg

TACKLIFE Mini Heat Gun, 350W/662℉ Hot Air Gun with 6.56Ft Long Cable,
Overheat Protection Light Heatgun for Epoxy Resin Crafts
Shrink Wrapping Vinyl Wrap Wire Connectors Candle Making - HGP35AC

81NRr0MTlaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Titan 11477 Ratcheting Wire Terminal Crimper Tool for Insulated Terminals, Fixed Jaw Crimper

71FG5DFa2jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ELECFUN 200pcs Wire Connectors 10-22AWG Assorted Butt Splice Crimp Connectors,
Insulated Electrical Straight Wire Terminal Connectors Kit

61nf-pi5rxL._SL1000_.jpg

61HoTh7AnwL._SL1000_.jpg

3M Safety Scotch Electrical Tape, 3/4-in by 66-Foot, Multicolor

91p7r0xJoWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
You can also mount a battery to Lectric XP frame using
3M double sided tape (If you prefer NOT to drill into frame).

As Youtuber DavidBrandNew https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSKl3JFcdyIj04P6P_NJ2WA/videos
did. This way you can save Lectric XP rack for your other needs if needed.

This is the battery that was use in picture below mounted
to Lectric XP frame with 3M double sided tape.

According to him "mounted the battery bracket to the frame. Its super strong.
It won’t move at all." battery goes in the bracket.

VISET (U.S. Warehouse 48V 15AH Ebike Battery
Electric Bike Batteries Small Lithium
E-Bike Battery Pack Batterie for bafang 250W 300W 500W 750W Motors

Standard with 6# connector. (XT60). U.S. warehouse Delivery 3-7 days
E-bike battery is 48V 15AH, suitable for 200W-1000W motors
size:367.2*112*92mm (manual measurement, error +-5mm)
and the battery come with charger 2A , you don't need to buy.

51kqtemVAFL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

51IqmxMZ8XL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

31Vet31XB6L._AC_.jpg

Larger upgraded battery mod mounted to Lectric XP frame.png

Larger upgraded battery mod mounted to Lectric XP frame 2.png

3M Super Strength Molding Tape, 03609, 1/2 in x 5 ft
(This is the tape use to mount this battery/bracket to Lectric XP)

81Z8jNKhYmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA

Ebike Battery Cover Waterproof, Dustproof, Wear Resistant Bike Frame Bag, Battery Bag for Hailong Battery/Dolphin/Tiger Shark/Jumbo Shark Battery​

s-l1600.jpg

61lI-82eItL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61b9w5Xj4UL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

615P6YUXLPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71sSYZdyiuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg