"Lectric Xp - How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP" Upgrade Range Dual Parallel Extra Spare auxiliary More Powerful Battery Mod

Dex

Region
USA

EM3ev 48V (13S5P) Jumbo Shark Ebike Battery​

48V (13S5P) EM3ev Jumbo Shark Options - 48V 17Ah (13S5P-GA) Jumbo

"We only source genuine A-grade genuine cells from the official sources."

14S5P_Shark-1-300x300.jpg

14S5P-shark-drawing-300x300.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA

Hailong Fat Shark 48v 17.5.Ah Battery

Slim and sleek design of the Hailong Shark battery is compact, light and packs a powerful punch! The powerful Panasonic GA 48v 17.5Ah cells will give you the top speed and range you crave for. This Shark battery pack has a built in USB port, on/off switch and charger. Package includes:
  • 1 48v 17.5Ah Shark battery with Genuine Panasonic GA high power long range cells and a base cradle with 2 keys
  • 1 year warranty (on defective non physical damage battery only)
  • 48v charger (54v fully charge)
  • Free shipping to the lower 48 states (international shipping is available)
We also do customize battery packs according to your dimensions and specs. Click here to contact us and let us know what you need, we can make it happen. https://electrobikeworld.com/contact

rs=w:600,h:600

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA

48v 16Ah Shark Battery Panasonic

Our best value 48v battery pack that comes with a huge 16Ah capacity! Not only is it powerful but has a super distance range. It is equipped with genuine Panasonic cells, built in 40a BMS and on/off switch . This Shark battery pack comes with:

-48v 16Ah battery pack

-base cradle with 2 keys, hardwares, Anderson Power Pole connectors

-battery charger

1 year warranty on battery due to natural defect

We also do customize battery packs according to your dimensions and specs. Please contact us here and let us know what you need, we can produce it for you.

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA

No Drill Battery Mount Kit

easymod__78862.1572084302.jpg

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191025230238500_COVER__04783.1572084970.jpg

PRPHOTO_1602797145253857_1328229.jpg

PRPHOTO_16076415191970904_1378744.jpg

Finally a product that lets you mount your battery
in odd places without having to drill into your bike frame!

This provides a mount using standard M5 bolt holes and included M5 bolts compatible with most ebike kit hardcase battery solutions (including Luna Wolf batteries!)

Also includes heatshrink to keep your frame from getting scretched, and the hoseclamp can even be swapped out for a larger one if you are using a nonstandard frame with an overly large tube you are mounting onto (that said, this kit will work with the vast majority of bike frames right out of the box)

This mount should provide years of trouble free usage without ever needing to potentially compromise your frame. This is a common concern amongst folks using aluminum frames and needing to mount a battery mount into a nonstandard solution since it may hypothetically weaken the frame. This solves the issue easily.

This kit comprises everything needed for a set of two mount points: Two stainless steel hoseclamps, two lengths of heatshrink for usage with practically any length that help keep your frame pristine and unscratched, two of the mounts which provide M5 mount holes, and two low profile M5 bolts suitable for use with most ebike battery mounts.

Best of all, this kit is fully reusable since it is not drilled into the frame!

(Note: If using on a carbon frame take care not to over tighten it)

5 Pcs 15.7inch/400mm Stainless Hoop Steel Hose Clips Duct Clamps Adjustable Worm Drive Hose Clamp For Inline Duct Fan Hydroponic Duct Hoop

61Oayc8AxaL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

iPower - GLCLAM14SX2 14 Inch Stainless Steel Duct Hose Clamps, Pack of 2

61lP8007rLL._SL1500_.jpg

5 Feet 1/2 Inch Heat Shrink Tubing 3:1 Adhesive-Lined Heat Shrinkable Tube Waterproof Insulation Sealing DIY by Purple-fox Black Dia(12.7mm (1/2")

313OgYEukFL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
For those who prefer to drill mount battery to Lectric XP frame.

How To Add Bottle Cage Mounts To A Bike Frame (Not my video)​

Dex

Region
USA
Lectric XP with A larger battery upgrade on rear rack.
Description and images below. (Not my bike)

"Did the second battery install today,
pretty straight forward given they use deans plugs by the controller,
just added a Y adapter and didn't have to do anything else to the bike.

It's a 15ah, 48v battery. I used a sheet of 1/4" King starboard
to bolt down the metal plate that came with the battery,
then mounting the starboard with metal plate onto the cargo rack,
slid the battery onto the metal plate and locked it in.

The 15ah battery is small enough for me to still strap the RockBros saddlebags over it.
You hardly even know its there if you are not looking for it!

Since both the XP battery and second battery have keys to turn them on and off,
I only turn on the one I'm using and keep the other off,
giving me a back-up source if the one I'm running on runs out of power.
Will be trying it out tomorrow."

"I know, its so easy to explain, its hard to believe that is all there is to add a second battery.
but it is easy as hell to do. The hardest part, is brainstorming how you want to mount
the battery onto the cargo rack. What I did, was by using zip ties, a cut of King (HDPE) Starboard
and mounting the track plate that comes with the battery onto the piece of starboard.
You could use a sheet of aluminum, stained wood, etc.
to even do this. or if you are really motivated, redesign the cargo rack for that matter!"

1 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

2 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

3 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

4 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

5 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

6 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

7 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

8 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

9 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

10 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

11 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

12 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

13 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

14 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

15 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

16 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg

Attachments

• 14 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg
    14 Lectric XP larger dual battery upgrade replacement.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
Videos Lectric XP with external battery install to rack (Not My Video)

"Just plug the charger into the standard charging port (on Lectric XP)
and all batteries will be charged simultaneously and
when they are done you will see green light on the charger."

"Both batteries will charge off one charger at the same time,
so no need to charge them separately unless you are
connecting them together for the first time."

" When you connect them together
they become one big battery, not separate batteries
and the voltage show is what both batteries are they equalize each other."

Batteries can also be charge individually.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

Video 6

Video 7

Video 8

Bag use to hold battery on the rack in videos.​

ROCKBROS Bike Trunk Bag Bicycle Rack Rear​

Carrier Bag Commuter Bike Luggage Bag Pannier with Rain Cover​

BAG1.jpg

BAG2.jpg

Last edited:
great stuff! not being so electrical mod savy i bought a second bigger 14 ah battery from ali express as mentioned in an old thread that fits and has the same terminals.im gonna use it as my main battery and bring the original battery with me on longer trips. thanks for all the info and work! might try one of these mods down the road.

Dex

Region
USA
great stuff! not being so electrical mod savy i bought a second bigger 14 ah battery from ali express as mentioned in an old thread that fits and has the same terminals.im gonna use it as my main battery and bring the original battery with me on longer trips. thanks for all the info and work! might try one of these mods down the road.

Dex

Region
USA
"No Sparks, No Smoke, No Drama" (Not my bike)

"I recently posted my experience in battery life on my XP.
I depleted the battery at 22.5 miles after a ride on mostly
flat terrain at PAS 3, little wind, and 48º F. With camping
season ahead (hopefully!) and often days with no where to charge,
I decided it was time for an auxiliary battery.
The idea of an inconspicuous place to haul it and
being able to wire it in so that a stop to change batteries was unnecessary,
appealed to me. Posts by Mat Jessop and YouTubes by Sonny Whitehurst
gave me the courage to give it a try.
I went with a Chinese 48 volt 20 Ah battery off eBay.
Combined with the stock 10.4 Ah I will have a total of 30.4 Ah of battery.
That should give me a 60-70 mile range."

"The project begins with deciding how to haul the battery and charging both batteries
to the top. My Rock Brothers rack bag
https://www.amazon.com/RockBros-Waterproof-Leather-Bicycle-Pannier/dp/B079M1RDJ8
was a perfect size for the battery.
I then unfolded the bike, propped it up so that I could easily see into
the controller compartment (under the seat and connects to the battery
when folded.) I then removed the 4 screws to peer into the controller
electronics and gulped. It looked like I was about to do brain surgery!
That compartment has an opening in the bottom where other cables come
in to attach to the controller. That’s where the wire for the
auxiliary battery will exit the cavity. I’ll post a series of
photos showing what I did. They are not as elegant as Mat’s or Sonny’s
but may be of interest to those of you considering this addition.
It went smoothly and I think most DIYers will be able to do it in about an hour.
I made the hole in the rack bag with a soldering iron so as to
seal the fibers in the bag material. I spliced in the Dean’s connector
to make the connection with the aux battery after the wires
had been pulled into the bag so I could get by with a smaller hole in the bag.
I first connected the auxiliary battery, then folded the frame of
the bike to connect the stock battery. I sighed a relief when nothing
blew up and I pushed the start button and the display lit up!
I went for a short shakedown cruise and everything worked. Life is good."

1 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
2 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
3 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
4 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
5 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
6 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
7 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
8 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
9 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg
10 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel...jpg
11 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel...jpg
12 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel...jpg
13 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel...jpg
14 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel...jpg
15 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel...jpg
16 Lectric Xp How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel...jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA

Battery Mod connectors without soldering iron easily add replace change connectors on wires.

For those of you who don't want to use a soldering iron while adding a external battery on Lectric XP.

For those who buy a battery with A particular connector that you don't like or want or just want to add something better.

"We show how to use non-solder wire crimping tools and connectors to add an external battery without soldering." (Not my video)

List link to all tools in video posted in description on YouTube.

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA

"Tutorial on AWG wires, connectors and Soldering "

List link to all tools in video posted in description on YouTube.

Wires, Connectors, Soldering Part 1 (Not my video)

Wires, Connectors, Soldering Part 2 (Not my video)

Dex

Region
USA
(Not my bike)

"30ah battery that I put inside a wooden case on the rack. Had to add a switch so
I could turn it off. Total I have 40.8ah of battery. I’ve ridden as much as 80 miles in a day.

Should be able to get 200 miles if you stay on PAS 2-3."

48V 30AH battery use picture below btrpower battery

:

You can also purchase 48V 30AH batteries here https://batteryhulk.com/

Lectric xp battery upgrage larger more range.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
For those using a bag like the ROCKBROS Bike Rack Bag for they batteries and need to run wires into it. When you make a hole in bag for the wires you can use Brass Grommets instead.

***Also you may want to consider adding a waterproof connection to the outside of the bag for quick disconnect. That way you can take the battery out of the bag and or the bag with the battery in it off the bike without issue.***

13-lectric-xp-how-i-added-a-larger-second-battery-to-my-lectric-xp-upgrade-range-dual-parallel-jpg.86743

General Tools 81264 Multi Grommet Tool Kit, 3/8" and 1/2" Rustproof, Solid Brass Grommets​

Rustproof, Solid Brass Grommets.jpg

(Not my videos)

How to Install a Grommet On a Tarp.​

How to install a Grommet (Eyelet)​

Last edited:

{tpc}

Region
USA
I think I would opt for a different connector than those "RC" style deans connectors. Deans are inexpensive and easy to deal with, but they can also come loose over time. I think I'd rather use anderson connectors that lock into each other better. But still a nice writeup.

Dex

Region
USA

Battery Mounting without drilling

Hose clamps you could buy longer ones and use something like steel zip ties with it and heat shrink tubing if you interested in mounting a battery to your Lectric XP Frame with out drilling or using double sided mounting tape etc.

Secure Battery Mounting, Grin's Double and Triple Bob Anchors (Not my video)

"This video explains how our Double/Triple Bob Battery Anchors are used to provide a more secure attachment for mounting downtube battery packs to the frame tubing of a bicycle. They provide flexibility for your battery fitment regardless of your eyelet locations, and they secure the pack with much less wobble than having the cradle bolted directly to the raised eyelets. "

The Double Bob fits Hailong-03 battery enclosures

While the Triple Bob was designed to work equally well with Hailong-01, Reention, and 21700 downtube pack casings:

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
Lectric XP Stock extra spare battery connected dual parallel auxiliary
two batteries stock from Lectric connected together internal battery
and a external one mounted on the rack of Lectric XP. (Not my bike)

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

"The battery is capable of supplying 20amps.
Using a wire that is too small will act as a fuse
if the current gets too high. 14 AWG THHN can safely handle 25 amps"

Wire Ampacity

Battery bag for Lectric XP original battery or aftermarket battery

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Dex

Region
USA
Lectric XP multiple batteries connected
Three batteries total hookup (Not my video)

"50ah 2500watt hour Super Range XP!"

"All combined $1300 total which includes the price of the bike.
100-150mile range 100% throttle, 200 to 300mile range with pedal assist 1-2 setting.
This is the perfect ebike for those of us who don’t like to pedal! Twist and go baby!"

Lectric Xp - How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Parallel ...jpg

2 Lectric Xp - How I added a LARGER second battery to my Lectric XP Upgrade Range Dual Paralle...jpg

Dex

Region
USA
"An ebike user wanted me do an overview of how I installed the inline 20 amp fuse on my spare battery. A fuse is optional - its not required. I was trained in electronics and my philosophy is better safe than fireworks up your tail end. I apologize for the long video. Its 4+ minutes in duration. Hopefully it will inspire or answer a few of your burning questions regarding adding a spare battery to increase your travel distance or provide acceleration at the high peddle assist levels for longer durations:"

Battery e-bike Overview (Not my video)​

Bob RN

Region
USA
City
Puget Sound WA
For those using a bag like the ROCKBROS Bike Rack Bag for they batteries and need to run wires into it. When you make a hole in bag for the wires you can use Brass Grommets instead.

***Also you may want to consider adding a waterproof connection to the outside of the bag for quick disconnect. That way you can take the battery out of the bag and or the bag with the battery in it off the bike without issue.***

13-lectric-xp-how-i-added-a-larger-second-battery-to-my-lectric-xp-upgrade-range-dual-parallel-jpg.86743

General Tools 81264 Multi Grommet Tool Kit, 3/8" and 1/2" Rustproof, Solid Brass Grommets​

View attachment 88290

(Not my videos)

How to Install a Grommet On a Tarp.​

How to install a Grommet (Eyelet)​

Here is a waterproof grommet, called a cable plug. I drilled a successively larger hole in my bag (15/32" worked for final). The middle nut is fixed. Push/rotate the plug into the hole and tighten the rear nut. Then pass the wire through and tighten the front cap. There is a rubber seal inside that will secure the wires. Size PG-7 worked for double 14awg wires.
Since I took the pictures, I moved the plug to a spot lower on the front of the bag. I will cover up that old hole with a patch.

Having the second battery makes all the difference for me. I took my bike on a 48 mile trip yesterday and, while I was tired out, there was near 50% capacity left on tap.

Attachments

• Cable Plug PG-7.jpg
    Cable Plug PG-7.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Cable Plug in use.jpg
    Cable Plug in use.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Dex