Lectric XP rear wheel permanent fix by spreading

Dex

Region
USA
I think this issue only effects older versions of the Lectric XP
as I have seen videos on YouTube of people having a hard time removing and replacing rear wheel on Lectric XP.
This seems like a easy permanent fix for those who have that issue. (Not my video)

"Lectric XP rear wheel removal and installation made easy by permanently widening the distance between frame members. Short video shows how I used a jack to force the frame members apart to permanently increasing the distance between the frame members. Worked great for me."

Darceman

I have one of the first batch of bikes... It's not a big deal.. It's supposed to be a tight fit. I would not recommend this.

harryS

Yep. Very bad idea,

Good thing it's not your video Dex. Otherwise, you would have ruined your bike,

kmccune

Aluminum is not like steel, this practice is not recommended, if the metal does not spring back you are out of luck.

Darceman

Aluminum is not like steel, this practice is not recommended, if the metal does not spring back you are out of luck.
I guess there's always people who want to recreate the wheel so to speak.. haha doesn't mean they're always right or if it's an improvement. In this case it's wrecking a good bike for no good reason other than not being able to figure out how to put a wheel on..