Local Bike Shops and upgrade or repairs to Internet purchased EBikes

IOUZIP

Region
USA
City
Tampa
I agree if the LBS cannot open their catalog and order the special part you need then you are on your own. Mechanical or electrical.

dodgeman

Region
USA
City
Macomb, Illinois
My understanding is the Trek dealer we bought ours will work on other brands. We took ours back in for some minor maintenance about a month after we bought them and the mechanic said Trek gives quite a bit of support and help in helping diagnose problems.

Taylor57

I have a quote from Velofix to come to the house and fix the rear brake on my Espin Sport (brake bleed?) and the price is 100. Does that sound reasonable? Also, I have a broken spoke on rear wheel. I have the replacement spokes but how much would you expect to be charged for them to remove and replace the broken spoke? Thanks in advance. T57

Cstefan

Region
USA
City
Seattle, WA
I have a quote from Velofix to come to the house and fix the rear brake on my Espin Sport (brake bleed?) and the price is 100. Does that sound reasonable? Also, I have a broken spoke on rear wheel. I have the replacement spokes but how much would you expect to be charged for them to remove and replace the broken spoke? Thanks in advance. T57
Maybe $25 for the brake bleed? Given the rear hub I can see a $25 surcharge on anything requiring removal of the rear wheel. So add that to parts and labor if you need pads or a rotor. Similarly $25 for spoke replacement/truing and $25 for wheel removal is reasonable.

LimboJim

Maybe $25 for the brake bleed? Given the rear hub I can see a $25 surcharge on anything requiring removal of the rear wheel. So add that to parts and labor if you need pads or a rotor. Similarly $25 for spoke replacement/truing and $25 for wheel removal is reasonable.
Gotta add the travel fee

Taylor57

Gotta add the travel fee
Yeah, I guess the 100 covers the brake bleed and installing one of the spokes I purchased. I agree, the convenience of them coming to the house is worth it in my case. The other option was wait until Dec 16th when the LBS had a repair opening. Then I would have to lug it 3 or 4 miles. (or ride it with only front brake) I will report on the Velofix visit after he comes next Tuesday...