Losing my mind trying to figure this out

harryS

No, we're talking about run-of-the-mill silverfish case, which has been around for years. Ecotric sells a 36V12aH for around $359 for our bikes but rarely has them in stock. Nonetheless, equivalent packs available on ebay for $100 less.

Untitled-1.jpg
The guy in the video is always selling off surplus/used batteries, and some of them are good DIY deals. He is out of those packs, by the way.

Robspace1

Region
USA
No not at all. Nothing like it. The shape is all wrong and that's a 500 watt. Mine is 1000 watt. And, I would never, ever trust any lithium bike battery that cost just $49.00. lol-That's some Chinese junk battery probably found on Ebay. Dangerous!

Robspace1

Region
USA
The Ecotric Seagull uses a 48 volt battery. The ones from China don't last. They will leave you stranded. Better to buy the Korean-LG or Samsung type made in the US. I had my original Seagull battery die for no reason on the trail after less than 1 year. Showed 0 voltage when tested. Never again.

kmccune

Good price. My girlfriend wants a backup 36v for her Peace Dove but Ecotric no has. Back in stock in a few weeks.
I bought a UP 18Ah "Silverfish" bat for my "Peacedove" and it worked great, knock on wood,I have had good luck with all the aftermarket batteries I have bought, the thing I do is this,I try not to go too cheap and I count the rows of cells vs the claimed Ah and lower my expectations accordingly. most of the time I assume a little over 2 ah a row on the cheaper batteries.

harryS

Some more Ecotric Silverfish pics. I finally found that the cells are in a shrink wrapped package, held in the case by friction. It's like removing handlebar grips. A little soap and it could be pushed out.

PA020253.JPG

With the shrink wrap peeled back, I found 50 cells in a plastic form plus a BMS circuit.
IMG_1352.JPEG IMG_1351.JPEG

WIth further teardown, you can see the conductor plates on the ends of the cells and the plastic form. What's missing between this pack and a higher end pack is (a) better quality cells, (b) individual cell fuses and (c) perhaps a better BMS. Still, it looks like a well assembled battery. Not bad for a $779 ebike.

PA020254.JPG