Luna Z1 - First impressions

tomjasz

Hey, I just found a new batch of four leavers. My friend picked a seven. Which means some odd mythological thing. Here is a sixer, fiver, and a couple of the fours. Again, the luck part is only the eye and cognitive state that can spot opportunity and not what a person steps on. Maybe I will open a thread on luck theory.
Getting support takes good luck or another $500.

PedalUma

Region
USA
Getting support takes good luck or another $500.
Interesting. My friend says that I am giving too much local support for free and that attorneys don't do that. I have value. My time and information are worth more than my stuff. I just started the thread on LUCK.

Tom@WashDC

Region
USA
City
Loudoun County, VA.
My Z1 arrived two weeks ago. I've put several hundred miles on it since then. I love it! A quality build with no initial issues. Coming off a Luna BBSHD DIY Mongoose Fat Bike (below).
I've made the following additions/modifications.
  • Velo Memory Foam Seat
  • DIY seat post mounted rear flasher
  • SQLabs grips
  • Miranda 150mm cranks. (The stock 175's were striking everything)
  • SKS MudRocker Front n' Rear Fenders
  • 2 RockBros Frame Bags
  • Tannus Armor Tire Inserts
I'm toying with the Frey Smooth Tuning for the Bafang Ultra today.

Z1.JPG

My Luna BBSHD DIY Mongoose Fat Bike.
Proved to be a very reliable build. The 860C Display went bad twice for no apparent reason

Big Blue.JPG

Last edited:

banshee28

My Z1 arrived two weeks ago. I've put several hundred miles on it since then. I love it! A quality build with no initial issues. Coming off a Luna BBSHD DIY Mongoose Fat Bike.
I've made the following additions/modifications.
  • Velo Memory Foam Seat
  • DIY seat post mounted rear flasher
  • SQLabs grips
  • Miranda 150mm cranks. (The stock 175's were striking everything)
  • SKS Front n' Rear Fenders
  • RockBros Frame Bags
  • Tannus Armor Tire Inserts
I'm toying with the Frey Smooth Tuning for the Bafang Ultra today.

My Previous ride: Luna BBSHD DIY Mongoose
Just curious, how does the power and acceleration compare between these? Pretty similar?

I am also considering a Z1 down the road one day.

Tom@WashDC

Region
USA
City
Loudoun County, VA.
Just curious, how does the power and acceleration compare between these? Pretty similar?

I am also considering a Z1 down the road one day.
If you are talking about the BBSHD vs the Bafang Ultra Mag, they are a pretty close comparison in power and acceleration, both rated at 160N.m of torque, both can handle 2000+ watts of power. The main difference being the torque sensing on the Ultra is a much nicer feel than the pure cadence sensing n the BBSHD.

Last edited: