mid drives are not for everyone/throttles are fine

MeDotOrg

Horses for courses. I test drove an Aventon Level, a really decent hub drive cadence sensor. I liked it....until I drove a mid-drive Bosch. A torque sensor feels much more organic and connected compared to a cadence sensor. That can be good or bad, depending on your style and needs. A cadence sensor rear hub system will be cheaper and gives you easier boost. From my perspective, cadence sensors are just as good at getting around, but if you want to work a little bit more, a torque sensor will probably get you into shape more quickly, and feels a lot more integrated.

Taylor57

Horses for courses. I test drove an Aventon Level, a really decent hub drive cadence sensor. I liked it....until I drove a mid-drive Bosch. A torque sensor feels much more organic and connected compared to a cadence sensor. That can be good or bad, depending on your style and needs. A cadence sensor rear hub system will be cheaper and gives you easier boost. From my perspective, cadence sensors are just as good at getting around, but if you want to work a little bit more, a torque sensor will probably get you into shape more quickly, and feels a lot more integrated.

Workin a little bit more is whats got me goin to the hospital tomorrow for hernia surgery. Workin to me is dropping down to PAS 2 and 6th gear on a bit of an incline to get my heart rate up a tad. Then once I'm breathing its back to PAS 3 or 4 and high gear.

JRA

I have all the cool kids and club types on ignore but I can only imagine they are sticking with what they know, which is fine with me. I don't think forums are popularity contests but just a way to disseminate info that you may have acquired along the way by trial and error that will perhaps help others with the error part.

Oh, tubeless is the way I avoid flats. And I mostly check pressure before every ride but have forgotten a few times but have a pump on board that fixes it.

If you have to fix a flat on a rear hub bike put the chain in the smallest rear cog and turn the bike upside down as the hardest part is getting it back in and using gravity helps alot and don't forget to pack a wrench! My front Grin AnyAxle hub is tool free take off, just have to disconnect the wires. I have to carry a 17mm wrench for my nutted axle model and a 4mm allen for the torque arm.

ebikemom

We love our throttles!! We live in a hilly area and also ride in the city. Love the throttle for starting on hills and at traffic lights. Also love a touch of throttle for walking the bike up driveways that are too steep to ride up. I would never buy a class 1, but it’s great that some like them.