Milano+

Widegide

Region
Canada
Ordered 4 Milano+ today for the wife, and 3 neighbor's / friends.
Hopefully they are as well built and issue free as my new Moscow! Little jealous everyone get's hyd brakes except me ☹️!

Bitmugger

Region
Canada
Ordered 4 Milano+ today for the wife, and 3 neighbor's / friends.
Hopefully they are as well built and issue free as my new Moscow! Little jealous everyone get's hyd brakes except me ☹️!

I all honesty, I feel my V-brakes on my Dahon Espresso stop me way quicker than the hydraulic disc brakes. Apples to oranges comparisons but I feel under-impressed with disc brakes overall, the Moscow+ is my first bike with disc brakes. My other bikes (all V-brakes) can absolutely lock the tires at any speed and have tremendous leverage over a disc brake, I really don't get the love of disc brakes. They have to run hotter, they have less mechanical advantage that they try to make up for by gripping the rotor extra hard.

I realize calipers and pistons in the disc brake can squeeze VERY hard, but they just need to manufacture a caliper and piston out on the rim and that would be a far better brake that runs cooler and has better leverage to stop the wheel. It would be like a 27.5" brake rotor, lol.

I'd love to do a stopping distance comparison between my Dahon Espresso and my Moscow Plus from the same speed with the same rider. The Moscow is much heavier I admit.

soyabean

Region
Canada
Having disc brakes are already a major advantage over V-brakes.

Unless you are doing some serious downhilling, good mechanical disc brakes will work very well.

Hydraulics require less force from the hand because no energy is lost in wire stretching, so that can be an advantage for some, but if so, then they shouldn't be riding a bike, let alone on something that runs at 32 km/h.

Hydraulics sound "better" so most people want them for no other reason.