Montague M-E1

Dale75

Region
USA
I am planning to buy an ebike. I was leaning toward a Gazelle Ultimate C8 or C380, although I hadn't ruled out the Gazelle Medeo or the Townie Go! 5i. Then I discovered the Montague M-E1. I don't have a trailer hitch on either of my vehicles and wasn't really looking forward to adding one, but I do want to be able to ride on some paved trails that are too far away to ride to. The M-E1 is a full-sized ebike with good equipment that actually folds up enough that you can put it in your trunk. Although I'm sure I would like the Ultimates at least somewhat better, that's a pretty big deal for me. Does anyone have experience with the Montague M-E1?

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
I am planning to buy an ebike. I was leaning toward a Gazelle Ultimate C8 or C380, although I hadn't ruled out the Gazelle Medeo or the Townie Go! 5i. Then I discovered the Montague M-E1. I don't have a trailer hitch on either of my vehicles and wasn't really looking forward to adding one, but I do want to be able to ride on some paved trails that are too far away to ride to. The M-E1 is a full-sized ebike with good equipment that actually folds up enough that you can put it in your trunk. Although I'm sure I would like the Ultimates at least somewhat better, that's a pretty big deal for me. Does anyone have experience with the Montague M-E1?
No experience with the Montagues, but their conventional bikes are well reviewed, and member @vincent has a Swissbike with a conversion kit. There is a sub forum for Montagues just recently started with some more information.
I want one myself, but wasn't willing to do a kit and the M-E1 didn't exist when I bought a year ago. I emailed them and the M-E1 are in stock with 2 day shipping to Pennsylvania now.